Fresh server on PTR

FYI, there is a fresh classic era server on PTR. It is server 3. Raids are also open on it. No LFG tool and normal XP. You can also make template characters.

3 Likes

Is this related to a fresh classic no changes server perhaps?

3 Likes

This is interesting.

1 Like

If there were no templates perhaps but I think it was an error they have not corrected yet

1 Like

Yeah, we don’t know why it randomly popped up. We may hear more next week. When the PvP server was about to come online, that too said it was Classic Era Beta, then the name got changed to SoM PvP. So it could be that they brought it online, but didn’t push the SoM package to it…or…it could be something to do with Classic #nochanges and a possible fresh release coming out as well.

2 Likes

Testing the eventual character migration at the end of each SoM season when they combine characters to one ever-lasting server?

FYI, this third realm was opened so that we could test some background processes. It means literally nothing for gameplay or future plans for gameplay or anything like that.

It will probably disappear in a few days, once we’ve completed the analysis we’re doing behind the scenes.

4 Likes

Thanks. Good catch on the community’s rumormill. People immediately jumped to fresh “no changes” server.

2 Likes

Thank you for actually addressing this.

Yea that almost got our of hand pretty quick lol

Yeah, I think what I mentioned above was cautiously worded enough to help not let it get too far out of hand, but yes, I’m glad Blizzard addressed it.
I’m sure they can see why we’d wonder though when it’s a SoM beta PTR and that type of server pops up here.

2 Likes