Fresh Now Before TBC

Fresh server before TBC release please.

1. Packed leveling zones with people rushing to hit server first.
  2. Fresh economy, everyone farming everything.
  3. World PvP at all levels.
    There is a reason why fresh servers were always popular, simple yet works.
16 Likes

I would agree. While I would love to take all of my equipment over, non fresh servers cut the life expectancy of the servers nearly in half due to all the gold flowing in, IMO.

1 Like

You’ve missed the point of the op entirely. He’s not asking for fresh tbc servers, he’s asking for fresh CLASSIC servers before tbc releases. On a side not fresh tbc isn’t going to happen.

3 Likes

Thanks. I totally misread the OP. Well I don’t personally think fresh classic or tbc will ever see the light of day, but I will most still voice my opinion of it. The current meta in game design these days is to flip a early profit and than worry about the long term consequences when they happen. It’s really sad to see.

I really don’t know why you think keeping our gold is going to cut the life of TBC…

I highly doubt they wouldn’t release a couple servers that are fresh and locked to transfers. It literally would cost them next to nothing to do it, and a huge group of people want it. They just wont make all servers fresh.

2 Likes

small* group

There are quite a few reasons why players going into TBC with 10k gold+ are going to cause problems. It would bring a smile to my face to see all the players who bought gold with real currency and botters who hack and cheated the system to lose it all. It would significantly slow down botters by doing a hard reset and allow players to be able to gather resources before the bots take over again.

3 Likes

What problems exactly? People keep saying problems but I have yet to hear what they are going to be.

It doesn’t matter. Blizzard has never taken gold from players. It’s not going to happen now. Nothing will stop us from making far more than 10k+ gold in the first month anyway. You can’t just take my gold. You’d have to take my army of tailoring and alchemy alts away. You’d have to take my knowledge of TBC away. It’s not going to happen. Its a mythical dream world you live in if you think taking gold away will fix anything. We didn’t have gold when classic launched… we still ended up in this situation. It’ll happen again in TBC.

You’re right it won’t happen. You don’t need to worry. Just trying suggesting ideas to keep classic/tbc currency from turning from skill to pay to win. My friends have bought gold, my guild has bought gold, my brother spent $200 on gold. There is no cure i suppose.

I’m against fresh. I think it’s a bad idea. Fresh is bad because the last thing classic WoW needs is another competing interest. Launching Naxx and Shadowlands together was a blunder.

You’re wrong about why fresh was popular. Fresh was popular because no one could get a worthwhile TBC server up and running and classic was by far the most developed so periodically rehashing it was the only real option.

I’ve never bought gold. When I ran a guild I kicked anyone who bought or sold gold. The cure is for blizzard to actually ban people who do so. The only reason it is so rampant is because there is no repercussions for it. It’s still not pay to win. I wonder how many people bought gold and still havent cleared Naxx.

I disagree that launching naxx and shadowlands at the same time was a blunder. They are different games. There is still a large community playing classic that doesn’t play retail. We shouldn’t have to wait on content for another game to get content for our game.

Turn them in? If people realize there are dire consequences, they might be a bit more hesitant to break the rules next time.

Your opinion on why my opinion of why fresh was popular is just that an opinion. I know many players from Pservers that just thoroughly enjoyed starting fresh. It’s a thrill to start with nothing on the same playing level as everyone else.
Again like stated in OP you have tons of players leveling, questing, actually doing dungeons. Nobody has the gold to boost yet or the gear to just raid log. The initial rush of classic was the most fun I’ve had in ages & I know for most other players that’s true as well.
Don’t think starting fresh is exciting? Just look at games like PoE where every season you start with nothing. I personally am pretty much done with the game almost gold capped have most of my BIS from Naxx what else is there for me to do? Log in get buffs. Log out. Leveling toons on already progressed servers is like pulling teeth BORING.

2 Likes

Personally I’m in favour of fresh TBC but one of the less mentioned issues with releasing some fresh and some progressive would be content release times.

TBC release has both tier 4 and 5 available day 1 and you can bet that Tempest keep (tier 5) will be cleared before first reset. With pre-existing gear, gold and knowledge progressive servers will need more rapid content updates compared to fresh TBC.

Progressive servers players will have their flying mount in no time while fresh TBC players will be running around Outlands with their 60% mount

The longer they wait to put out a fresh server the better off you will be more so under the pre-patch than the 1.13 patch line. Dropping a new server now would just have mages and people farming up to burn the current content down and thus putting the server that much closer to the problems you are running from, even if no transfers were allowed to it.

Fresh TBC servers should come only in 2.0 pre-patch to reduce the mage aoe and DM farming that are going to happen regardless.

I do see that being an issue however with a progressive server & “crosses fingers & prays to the abyss” a stronger botting ban a fresh server could work for classic fresh.
TBC fresh is a whole other story & not what my OP is bout.

i have never bought gold or gambled for gold. I have only farmed to sell items in AH and or run gdkps. I am always in shock on the gold some poeple spend on items that in TBC will be trivial. Personally i will not play wrath so all the gold i will save in classic and in TBC will be either spend on ashes of alar or thoradil or warglaives ( i want that on my hunter hell yeah! lol)

I don’t believe in paying for gear. If I helped kill a boss I shouldn’t have to pay for the loot.

1 Like