Fresh Delay Kills The Fresh

It seems like a reasonable assumption. Though, in reality many reasonable assumptions are factually inaccurate.

1 Like

Of course, but these servers will launch 3-4 weeks out. They aren’t waiting 4 months.

Which may or may not make any difference. And even if it did, it’s not known which way that difference would swing.

Of course we can come up with reasonable assumptions.

Sure, have another fresh server which will inevitably die a month out of the gate.

Or you can join era and help populate a server full of classic enthusiasts.

1 Like

No thanks. There’s no phase by phase progression or pvp. Era players have never played repeats of vanilla and don’t understand the fun of phase by phase progression and pvp

I don’t think there would be any, the longer fresh is out before launch the less of the 90 days you have after launch

While they did state

So, it’s possible that we have more than 90 days… just like it’s possible that we have more than a 2-week pre-patch, but hey… actions speak louder than words, right? So, we’ll see!

2 Likes

doesn’t matter the freshies are getting the som kids dropped off there

1 Like

I feel bad for fresh players, there’s currently 0 reason to have a sub right now. And they don’t even have a date to work with for server launch.

6 Likes

Im not saying youre wrong or completely disagree with you, but wouldnt this kill off the spirit of fresh? I guess it dont matter after the initial 90 days.
If this is the case, then maybe they’ll make us wait until after the inauguration phase is over before allowing SoM characters to move off Jom?

Fresh kills itself on it’s own.

1 Like

A new server stops being new when? The day it opens? A week? A month?

SoM refugees aren’t going to join any server much less the new to Wrath servers until the point where it’s more than reasonable to assume many if not most already on that server will be level 80. It’s not a big deal.

The thing killing fresh is having no release date while all the live servers get a fancy leveling buff. Fresh is already dead, if you want fresh you should just make a new character on an existing progression server and start leveling since it’s very lively right now.

Fresh is literally going to randomly show up and half the people who want it are not even going to know it’s out and by the time they find out they are already going to feel like they missed out. There is no reason it shouldn’t have a release date; they could have delayed it or it could have been buggy like it would have been fine. But everyone is completely in the dark about it.

1 Like

Fresh servers at the start should be a rare, very fun experience…but I would suggest we all not put too much stock in Fresh servers lasting all that long. I hope they do, and I’m going to play on one myself.

That said, I’m going in with my eyes open, which is to say I expect it will be a blast for 2-3 months, but may very well tank when Dragonflight launches in December. Fresh servers may have many other issues that cause population imbalances or a paucity of players.

The player confidence in Fresh servers being handled well is absolutely terrible due to lack of communication and zero reassurance from official channels that they are being handled with care. Players like me have had zero motivation to play on TBC servers, because we’re waiting for fresh servers. It’s been a boring time, and I’ve been enjoying other games enough to start to lose interest in the way Wrath is being handled, particularly when it comes to Fresh.

I still think it’s going to be a blast, but probably not a long term healthy server experience. There are just too many ways that the servers could be ruined, and there is seemingly no action or plan to deal with the potential issues by which fresh servers are typically ruined.

The lack of communication belies a lack of confidence in their own team. Hopefully they actually have a plan at this point when it comes to making Fresh a good experience, but we have no idea because they haven’t told us anything.

2 Likes

They did say it would be opened with the pre-patch, didn’t they? I’d say then not completely in the dark.

Man ur talking to me like we havent all went thru the rat treadmill. We have. It would be better for classic players to congregate on existing classic servers than to continuously demand fresh ones and abandon them two months in. Right now Era Whitemane is more lively than Jom Gabbar amusingly enough, counted 26 people hangin in Stormwind the other night to Jom’s 10 people, so if you want Classic you have no other option.

If only that was true instead they’ll be full of retail transplants on their boosted toons crying about rdf while they wait for dragon blight to drop

I just keep checking back to see if there is a date yet T_T

1 Like

I’m on white mane. I am aware of how populated it is

Threw up a Discord hoping we can start getting some organization around guilds etc. If anyone has any suggestions how else we can get organized so whenever they do drop it on us were ahead of the game let me know.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/discord-for-preliminary-wotlk-fresh-start-organization/1303652/2