Fresh 120 Gearing

Returning player here. I hit 120 over the weekend but seemed to hit a wall. Gearing guides suggest Nazjatar, but I absolutely get wrecked by the mobs there. World quests in the 3 leveling zones seem to be almost completely supplies or gold. I do not meet the minimum requirements for LFR. I’ve tried Darkshore but same issue as Nazjatar. I realize this is a gear issue, but any recommendations on where to go to get gear to survive in Nazjatar to bridge the gap so-to-speak? Thanks.

Hi Conflictus,

First of all, welcome back to the game. As you can tell, a lot has changed!

As a fresh 120 looking to gear, I would recommend the following methods:

1. If you’re comfortable with group based content such as the looking for group tool, queue up for heroics as long as you have a high enough item level to do so. These will drop 385 pieces and azerite power you will need to level up your neck piece.

2. If you haven’t already, ensure you complete the introduction to Nazjatar (which it seems you have) to get your first heart of azeroth neck essence. This will help a bit, but also increase your necks item level significantly depending on how much you put into grinding azerite power while leveling.

3. Complete the war campaign. This will award significant azerite power over the course of it and will help to unlock more world quests and options.

4. Keep doing world quests and increasing your item level. As you increase your item level and keep doing world quests, they will begin to scale and provide far greater rewards.

As you keep doing the above, keep hitting Nazjatar in small steps until you can farm up some benthic gear to help fill in missing 385+ slots and build up your manapearls to upgrade BIS ones (be careful of all the RNG). Mechagon will also give you a starting 400 (404 after you put in the starter cards) trinket.

1 Like

Thank you!

Hey conflictus

I am a new(not returning) but I’m in the same boat just about to start working on Better gear (I’m still 118 tho) but I was just curious if you ha da guild to run with you are more then welcome to come check us out
We are on zuljin

Message me if you have other questions/if you are interested

Hgrant225 #1568