Frequent spikes in World latency

actually, that´s better than us… you don´t have packet loss

another day of wasted money because blizzard doesn´t want to try fix this…

3 Likes

wait really? but i have been getting lagspike like everyone here.

1 Like

is awful at the moment, average 290ms, usually it was 170ms at most, and heavy lag spikes every few minutes

1 Like

another 3 hours of spike fun

1 Like

Same here, and I’m on EU.

Home ms: 31
Spikes of world MS up to 1000.

Please fix the game for once.

2 Likes

Sharing a quick anecdote of when I was dealing with very similar issues. Disclaimer: absolutely not implying every one of your issues are similar, but maybe it can help someone.

Near the launch of DF, I had similar issues as stated here. Randomly my world ping would shoot up over 1000ms and I would have horrific lag. I had to stop running instanced content while I troubleshooted. Sometimes it would be fine for a few dungeons and then randomly it would happen again. Sometimes restarting the game would help but sometimes not.

At the time I was connected to my home internet via an Asus PCE-AC88 wireless card which I always had excellent performance with. I first thought the issues were related to Blizzard games only - I had done testing with other games and never was able to replicate the issues - however I tested it with a longer session of Vermintide with a friend. After an hour or so I was actually able to replicate the issues. My next troubleshooting step, which should have been my first, was to run a long ethernet cord to my router and test performance. Not able to replicate. I then swapped my wireless card with an older one and was not able to replicate. I ended up getting the PCE-AC88 replaced by ASUS and no longer have any issues.

All that to say, when the issues first happened, I was very quick to assume that the issues were on Blizzard or my ISP, but through some testing I found that it was my own hardware failing and causing symptoms that looked like issues outside of my LAN. My thought was, “why is my world ping so bad but not my local ping?” Well, maybe they’re going to two different places or something and my card was just failing. Who knows.

Anyways, maybe try testing your gear. Try another PC, another NIC, another ethernet cord, etc.

Today’s update after maintenance, it’s worse…

https://imgur.com/eYzA20n
https://imgur.com/tLfkYCk

2 Likes

For me, I’ve replaced everything but my ISP at this point. New cables, multiple pcs and laptops, modem has been replaced twice, they replaced the ONT, and checked the lines.

I can’t really swap ISP either since the alternative is worse in every way.

4 Likes

I have already tested all of that before posting here, even at office, directly to my country internet backbone, lag spikes persists…

do some research, every year there are problems with level3 nodes reported in this forum

Same… My home and world will alternate swinging wildly upwards. Can barely play the game since patch. New router, had ISP over to my house to diagnose problems tested with another PC, deleted addons ect. Would be great to get some help from Blizzard… decision to buy next xpac is heavily dependent on playability issues like this for me.

1 Like

something changed for good, no lag spikes since 00:12 GMT-3 (1 hour ago)

but latency still too high, near 300ms, use to be 170ms…

I used to get 70ms on US and 220ms on EU.
Now without a VPN, I get 260ms on US and 400ms on EU. A VPN lowers it significantly but it’s not back to normal and I constantly have to switch between Tokyo and LA depending on the group I’m in when I’m playing on US.
And this has all been since the maintenance over a month ago when ipv6 suddenly disappeared completely.
Genuinely starting to think Blizz have downgraded their servers and trying to get away with no one noticing.

I’m not sure if this is related, although I’m sure it is, but I’m completely unable to even get into the game. Internet’s fine, reset the wifi, router, etc. Nothing. Just stays on Connecting followed by a prompt ‘disconnected’. Even the battle.net site is having issues for me, and my app is constantly taking forever to load and disconnecting. The hell is happening here??

I don´t think your issue is related to network, unless you have like 10.000ms of latency…

here you can see exactly when something changed, no lag spikes since 12:10am until now…

Update: 4:11am GMT-3, 4 hours without lag spikes, still high latency

This issue started happening to me about 48 hours ago and it has completely removed my ability to play the game. I do not experience any issues with other games or services that are not from Blizzard. I think this is an isolated Blizzard server issue. For right now I think I am just going to cancel service. Blizzard really needs to get on this issue.

2 Likes

It is, the ASN causing the problem belong to Blizzard…

heavy lag spikes are back…

2 Likes

World ping 500ms+ again.

Can someone plug the cord back in at Blizz, thanks!

1 Like