Free transfers for servers

There’s servers in dire need of free transfers to

A) get people off overpopulated faction sides

B) Get people onto factions with barely anyone playing.

If you feel that Blizz should start offering free transfers, you’ll want to post in the General forums or Classic/TBC General forums. The people who make decisions on that sort of thing don’t come to the CS forums for feedback.

6 Likes

You need to be a lot clearer. Do you mean Retail, Classic, or TBC Classic?

Was created by players choosing which side to play.

Blizzard is not going to micro-manage which side players play.

If it’s on Classic or TBC Classic, there really isn’t anything Blizzard can do. Players mainly play Alliance if PvE and mainly Horde if PvP.

7 Likes

I do know what I am talking about. I am not being toxic. Even when Blizzard combined servers in Retail they combined servers that had similar Horde/Alliance balances, not ones with opposite balances.

Blizzard did offer free transfers recently to try and help balance factions on Classic realms. If they are still not balanced, that means that most players didn’t want to balance the factions.

8 Likes

The problem is that free transfers rarely actually fix the issue. People who want to be on the faction that’s overpopulated, tend not to want to move.

They recently did do some free realm transfers in TBC and some were limited to which factions were allowed transfer.

8 Likes

I actually am aware of that, but if that’s not fixing the problem, perhaps something else is called for, unfortunately it’s left to the customer to spend more money on a transfer to fix the issue because in 2+ years of playing they haven’t fixed the server issues.

There’s no magic bullet to fix anything that folks seem to come here thinking there is. Folks will move to servers they feel like they’ll get what they want. May that be over pop server, raiding, PvP, etc.

3 Likes

The information I provided has been true since the game released, not just the 2+ years you are talking about. The “server issue” you are referring to is made entirely by the players, not Blizzard. Blizzard is not going to tell players they have to play one side or the other until there is a 50/50 balance on a server. They are not going to tell players they can’t join the same side as all their friends because the other side’s balance is too low.

Free transfers have never worked to the level some players want.

5 Likes

You were not assaulted. You just don’t like the truth. You are trolling now though. Name-calling just makes you look bad, it doesn’t change the facts.

6 Likes

Generally what people want is to play an online game with other people, not an empty server. Can’t really sell a massively multiplayer game that isn’t actually massive

I don’t think people replying is considered “assault”. Again, if you have the solution, by all means feel free to post it in the appropriate General forums.

8 Likes

You can easily play on other servers by re-rolling for free. There isn’t anything that mandates there have to be X number of players in an area/server to fall under a given meaning.

7 Likes

Thank you very much for the help/support.

And actually I never did any name calling, but calling me a troll for sure is.

Yes and no. Free Character Migration is usually introduced to help deal with extremely high populations on a realm that are causing high log-in queues and realm stability. This often happens around the time of an expansion due to a lot of folks returning to the game after taking a break.

When Free Character Migrations are offered it is primarily from the high population realms to specific low/medium population realms that could accommodate the players. In some instances, when there is a big faction imbalance and a qualifying destination realm with the opposite, they have restricted transfers to help better balance the population.

This isn’t always possible though, and overall it hasn’t proved to be very effective since most folks don’t wish to leave the realm where they hold a majority.

Overall, we tend not to micromanage realm population. That doesn’t mean that our Developers don’t consider the problem and possible solutions. If you look up Ion and Faction Imbalance you’ll find several times where he talks about it.

To be fair, you claimed a poster didn’t know what they were talking about and were “needlessly being toxic”. Called those who were challenging what you posted as “apologists”… all of which is trolling.

As the others noted, if you’d like to see Free Character Migrations offered, you’ll want to post in the forum most appropriate for the subject. Customer Support has no involvement in that process, it is a developmental decision. You will want to specify which game you are referring to, as originally pointed out as we have Shadowlands, Classic Era and Burning Crusade Classic.

14 Likes