Free transfer off Netherwind

Hello Blizzard,

Knock knock, somehow we’re still here. That’s right, check your logs! That isn’t a guild full of finely tuned bots that finally downed Kael’thas Sunstrider on Horde side. We have been patiently waiting for you to open up free transfers to higher populated servers. You answered the cries of Felstriker raiders, now it’s time to answer ours.

In the recent weeks, Netherwind’s server population has dwindled from Medium, now down to Low on your server selection window. Even with Netherwind being listed as a destination server for your recent list of source servers, you can clearly see that no one is interested in coming here. This has to be enough of a sign to you. Will you please open up free transfers to higher populated servers for us lonely low lifes. We are tired of not being able to effectively buy/sell on the auction house. We would love to be able to find pugs for dungeons in order to gain reputation for raid attunements. However, there are less than 50 active Horde players. And less than a quarter of those are ever logged in at the same time. Although the terrains are plentiful with herbs, nodes and bootie, these items have proven to be nearly worthless as there is no one to sell them to.
We want to be able to enjoy every aspect of your game just like all of the other paying subscribers do.
It’s our turn. We’ve proven our worth. Please, for the love of Azeroth, allow us to transfer off.

Thank you for your time and consideration
Sincerely,
Raiders of Locked Out

21 Likes

This is because Blizzard put high and full realms on the destination list. No one is going to pick a medium over those. Blizzard can’t be this stupid. It seems more like they just wanted to get resubs from everyone that unsubbed on dying realms. With mediums being left to rot though, people still have to pay for transfers.

When you look at what they do for the game, nothing makes sense. When you look at it for their revenue, suddenly it does. Think about it. If Blizzard properly managed the population of this game, then no one would need to buy transfers anymore. Clearly, they don’t want to do that.

3 Likes

Anything that isn’t whitemane, faerlina or benediction should have free xfer. At this point 3 megaservers is probably enough

2 Likes

You have 35 guilds 10/10 and 12 more 9/10. What could you possibly be complaining about. Can’t believe most of these have paid to transfer off. Farming consumables should be a breeze.

Oh wait you are horde and this is really crying about 90/10 faction balance. Tough cookies.

Your post comes off as whiny and arrogant all at the same time. Well done.

If I had learned that 50 some horde on Netherwind had downed KT, I would have thought “wow, good for them, they must be really proud of that”.

And if you had added “by the way, we still are hurting for players, so don’t forget about us Blizz”. I would have thought “Damn straight! justice for Netherwind (H)!”.

But after reading your post, and how it’s toned, I’m just thinking: “man, Netherwind (H) are a bunch of unappreciative babies, let them die out and good riddance…”

Anything that isn’t whitemane, faerlina or benediction should have free xfer. At this point 3 megaservers is probably enough

It would be better to do something to help medium servers retain players, than to lean into the problem.

What exactly are we supposed to appreciate?

1 Like

Looks like most of the horde guilds paid to go to Faerlina. Funny that server is horde dominate. PVP servers are a joke. This is a pve game first and foremost remember that. World PVP is just about griefing.

First of all sorry to hear about the issues you’ve had OP. There have already been a few threads on here about Netherwind horde and now about the server in general.

Hopefully, you can get what you’re looking for.

Secondly, I just looked at the EU forums and there are threads on there created very recently with 50+ likes talking about the same situation with their servers. People are actually being supportive and nice to the ones going through this. Just imagine how great this forum would be if we didn’t have so many frequent posters that only seem to exist to kick others down.

5 Likes

Earthfury is basically in the same boat. Completely dead server.

4 Likes

This. Netherwind, among other servers needs help. I personally still have alts on NW horde that I’ll never play due to seeing 10-20 people online at a time. The AH is non existent. I’ve bought multiple transfers since tbc already. I can’t justify giving more money to incompetent blizz. If only the players could come together…

4 Likes

Most of those guilds are on benny now.

1 Like

Alliance on Netherwind is facing a similar situation. Even though more ally are logged in than horde, our numbers have plummeted as well. I saw a moderate guild arrive over a month ago and we merged with them for a time but that went to crud and most involved either left or stopped playing.

I don’t understand what Blizzard is doing and they don’t seem very communicative of their plans. They post once in a while with grand aspirations and plans but mostly it’s a wash in the meantime.

You would think with subs dropping like flies in retail and classic they would put forth more effort to stay ahead of this and keep us posted.

Their original golden goose is dying and they don’t seem too worried about it.

4 Likes

Both factions are mostly dead on Netherwind. Alliance definitely has a bigger population but it’s by no means active. Everyone that’s left just raid logs so finding groups on alts is near impossible even at prime time. The fact that Blizzard has failed to address this is a joke.

1 Like

We could care less about faction balance. We welcome fights from alliance. Yet, instead of bring hostile towards us, they just wave or cheer and then we mop the floor with them. We just want to be able to pug dungeons or raids on our mains and alts and then sell/buy on the auction house. We’re getting absolutely no “bang for our buck” with these subscriptions

1 Like

Must have been the tone in which you read it

2 Likes

join the low pop club. Fenris might be the lowest pop server wish I could move all my characters :confused:

Agreed, the alliance population dropped 1000 players from 11/03 to 11/17 according to ironforge demographics, and I wouldn’t be surprised if we dropped another 600 to 800 players when they release the current numbers.

1 Like

Funny to stumble on this thread. I checked today to see how the transfers were going. Was curious to see if Netherwind had more active logs over the passed week or so. I was not impressed at all.

Pretty sure this solidifies my decision to not resub when my time runs out in February.

1 Like

We’ve lost over 400 people a week the last two weeks since the xfers were made available, and since then we’ve heard nothing from Blizzard because they’re too afraid people will be mean to them.

4 Likes