Free server transfer for classic era not working

I cloned two characters last night and used the free server transfer service. The estimated time said 26 mins, it has been 12 hours now and the timer says 25 mins still. I haven’t seen anyone else posting on the forums if this was an ongoing issue, or am I just unlucky.

You might want to put in a ticket to have a gm looks, hopefully no mail got sent to the character in question.

2 Likes

And just in case it is taking longer, it is noted here:

While Free Character Migration is in progress

• You will be unable to cancel the transfer once initiated.
  • You will be unable to log into the character until the transfer has been completed.
  • The estimated time for transfer may be inaccurate and take longer than stated.
  • Once your transfer completes, you will not receive a notification, but you will find your character if you log in to your new realm. If you cannot see your character on the new realm, create a level 1 to refresh your character selection screen.
6 Likes

Is that for your level 60 Dwarf Rogue and 56 Undead Warlock, Botrytis? It looks like the transfers were initiated but it doesn’t look like they were processed yet.

I don’t see anything indicating there is an issue yet. We generally like to give about 24 hours for most of these services. If it takes longer than that, please submit a ticket so our staff can take a look. There isn’t a specific “transfer” category, we use “Purchase Failure” for regular paid character transfers so I think it would be find for using it in this situation.

7 Likes

Yep those are the ones, they’ve been in processing limbo since 8 p.m. central yesterday.

Just to follow-up now that some more time has passed and the team has been able to look into these reports a bit more:

2 Likes

I am having issues with transfering my lvl 52 paladin from a dead server to a more popular one. I am trying to transfer it from a Normal server to a pvp one, but when i go to do my free transfer it only shows 1 other server that i can transfer too, and that too is dead. I’ve looked at all the requirements for transfering, such as not having an auction posted, having mail, or caged battle pets. please someone help because i really dont want to start over since my character is so far progressed in blacksmithing

it is quite unfortunate that they only offer transfers from high pop to low pop servers, i want to change to high pop because playing on a low pop server is just not fun, there are no people to dungeon with, the auction house is worthless. i really just want to transfer my character to a high pop server instead of low pop

2 things please be mindful of the dates this thread is a yr old necroin never a good idea.
The other thing any suggestion here get lost to the void you want general or ingame suggestion.

4 Likes

That is precisely what and when free transfers are offered, Hatak. It is to try to offer players a means to better balance numbers on realms.

As this is a year old, I’m going to give it a lock.

7 Likes