Free Garrosh

That image of Garrosh in chains is so messed up to me. Combined with just yesterday a Blood Elf poster calling for him to be tortured on the forums. Yuck. Garrosh did a lot of bad things but he had some sympathetic reasoning for them at the beginning in so far as Orgrimmar was starving and weak. He doesn’t deserve to be shown in chains and tortured. Just another slap in the face to Orcs.

I hope part of our quest line is freeing Garrosh. It would be even cooler if Tyrande was the one to smash his chains, throw him Gorehowl, and give him a chance to redeem himself.

13 Likes

Maybe he likes it

17 Likes

Honestly, I hope they drank him dry. Much like Blizzard did in MoP.

3 Likes

Why should she? She would litteraly kill him too, he was a foe and he would be another threat for her people? Why should now want hordeposters thats Tyrande team Up with some Hordecharacters?^^

12 Likes

No!
He remains a cattle in factory farming for all eternity.

5 Likes

He’ll be freed eventually, no one is in Revendreth forever and once your sentence is done you can go to another afterlife. But given how haughty he is it’ll probably be quite a long, long time before he is.

4 Likes

It’s an awkward situation because any time I see Garrosh I know they’re just going to make me hate the fact that he exists even more.

Part of the appeal of oblivion is that it helps me forget the fact that he ever existed in the first place. It feels bad, man.

Whether it’s a redemption arc or a humiliation arc, it’s just going to make it more painful for me. The humiliation really just never ends. This dude was a walking embarrassment and so was everything that he ever did or anything that ever happened to him.

Someone once said about a person that he was “like watching failure fail at failing.” That’s how I feel about Garrosh from a writing perspective. I wish they would retcon him out of existence instead. Can we work something out in the Caverns of Time?

5 Likes

Blizz thought the same, it seems…
And he’s not the only character they’re factory farming.

Because it would be one of the coolest subverting expectations team ups in WoW history.

Garrosh lost. He failed. Orgrimmar was seized. He was put on trial. Thrall killed him with the elements. He’s already obviously been tortured for some years. Why should he be tortured for eternity? Just seems sick.

2 Likes

in my opinion? it would be a bad Team up, it would end in an “The night warrior is useless” Situation and tyrande would be again…as useless, so no, thank you.

4 Likes

I think that a redemption arc or some sort of reconciliation is the only direction they can go that would atleast be some somewhat interesting to me.

• Having him be a throw-away cameo would be disappointing and quite frankly an anti-climatic end for such an influencial character.

• Having a Garrosh humiliation or “Garrosh was wrong” arc would no doubt be cathartic to some, but it would ultimately be pointless. We already had two expansions of Garrosh being a jerk and we already saw him get what is coming to him. Most of us were there. We don’t need a reminder.

The only interesting route that they can take is to show Garrosh gaining some type of character growth or understanding, so that he can move forward.

6 Likes

I hope that depending on where the story goes that we get a chance to break him out.

The implication that I took from the video is that folks like Garrosh are being milked for anima whether or not they have earned their way out.

If it turns out that Garrosh earned his way out of Revendreth and is only still being tortured so that he can serve as an anima gas pump, I will happily break him out.

8 Likes

The torture of the playerbase must continue.

People were enraged by this dude’s plotline back in the day and everything that followed. They must drag it out and make you suffer.

1 Like

If Garrosh gets freed from Revendreth, he can get sent to Ardenweald where his spirit animal is a cow

2 Likes

A big bull.

I’d be lying if I said it didn’t give me some satisfaction to see him… in his current state, after describing the Night Elves as “mewling” (to say nothing of certain atrocities, like Silverwind Refuge).

8 Likes

I actually like this idea. I was a bit disappointed by the idea that Revendreth’s main conflict just seems like it is a rehash of the Arcwine situation in Suramar, but I think this would be a good spin on it.

For what he has done in Ashenvale.
He remains there.

Not giving up my new favourit farm animal!

Kinda creepin’ me out there, bud.

12 Likes

Except he doesn’t have infinite anima to harvest. I hope that Sylvanas turns him into some sort of Anima weapon who’s lost his ability to reason and while he deserves eternal torment we would have to destroy his soul as part of the rising cost of an increasingly cosmic war.

1 Like