Free gametime offer upon uninstalling

I’ve been unsubscribed from WoW for some months, and yesterday I uninstalled the game because I don’t see myself ever playing retail again. Within hours, I received a “gift” of three days of free gametime on my account. Is this just a coincidence or are you guys watching me? I feel really creeped out.

Probably just coincedence theres been others that recieved that.

2 Likes

It’s a coincidence, Hwi. We just released patch 8.2, and often around the time we release a big patch we send out various promotions. As you said, you were unsubbed for several months, which is usually one of the qualifiers.

2 Likes

OK, that makes me feel better. Thanks

1 Like

Get the foil hats out!!!

1 Like

Hey Vrakthris, I successfully received my free 3 days but my boyfriend didn’t. We’ve both been unsubbed for a while, and just recently reinstalled. Is there some reason he wouldn’t receive it? Thanks!

I’m not certain what the criteria was, Rylianien. It usually is something simple like, they had a full active account, they’ve been inactive for X number of days.

It is entirely possible that you were inactive for longer than they were. So if the cut off were 90 days (entirely made up number), you were inactive for 90, they may have been inactive for 88.