Free Character Transfers for Burning Crusade Classic Realms

Seems like they’re just seeing how much transfer money they can milk out of people by ignoring us. I’ve spent weeks trying to get an answer, and nothing. The GM I spoke to said it’s all up to the devs, and the devs aren’t talking to them either. So apparently nobody knows anything, because the people making decisions are either mute or are so restricted by red tape that they’re not allowed to say anything.

4 Likes

You’re just pointing out how much money Blizzard is making hand over fist for doing nothing, while simultaneously asking them to fix the “problem.” I just don’t know what to tell you.

Don’t forget about Windseeker

1 Like

Latest ticket response:

Hey there!
This is Game Master Trolanalyd, I hope you are having a great day so far. Thank you for your patience while we got to your ticket. I checked into this today. I am so sorry to hear about the situation and all the frustration this has caused for you. As a fellow player, I know how something like this can be important. I am afraid not even a supervisor has the ability to get into contact with the development team. No body here in the support department has that ability. :confused:
The developers do keep an eye on the forums to see how everything is functioning and look over player’s feedback; However, there is not always a guarantee that they will respond or any changes will be made on certain feedbacks. The most we can advise on this is to keep an eye on the forums for the possibility of any updates.
I do wish there was better news, but if you have any more questions or issues in the future, don’t hesitate to ask. I wish you a great week, take care!

I’d really like to ask, why can the support department not contact the dev team at all? That seems…counterproductive? But it does mesh with the stories of bad work culture we’ve been hearing where devs are considered “above” the support staff, so I have no doubt that it’s true.

5 Likes

Those numbers don’t mean necessarily that all those people did paid transfers. They could have simply not raided that week since that’s how ironforge.pro gets their stats. It could also represent people like me who have cancelled their subscription. What’s more profitable - a one time transfer or an ongoing monthly fee? Obviously they do value the ongoing subscription more otherwise they wouldn’t have opened up free transfers from so many other servers. I’m simply asking that netherwind be included as well as we have now reached the point of being a ‘dead’ server.

Absolutely - you would think that a company that is interested in keeping the money rolling in from monthly subscriptions would be bending over backwards to hear from players crying out for help to keep paying. With Netherwind not qualifying for free transfers yet having become a ‘dead’ server I got this same copy/paste response and have since cancelled my subscription.

5 Likes

This actually happens a lot in companies that are too big. The support takes all the flack for everything and even when they really want to help their hands are tied.

People also get directed to these forums a lot when support cannot help them where they post feedback and often the trolls on here just flame them for legitimate concerns. It’s pretty sad.

2 Likes

They opened up free transfers because it made financial sense to them. They are going to shut down those dead realms eventually and force those people off to save on resources. These free transfers also destabilized other realms and killed hope for the rest, forcing more transfers.

Why do you think realms with insane imbalances didn’t get free transfers? There are 15 alliance on Fairbanks, but the 3k+ horde make them server worth running financially. Nothing is free

3 Likes

Please just allow free transfers to any server. Give it the good ol’ 90 day CD. So many people that want to play but limited to one server. Just let me transfer everything to a big big server. My server has 4k people according to ironforge. Its good enough but just make mega servers. Games gonna get quieter deeper into p3, itll pick back up p4 p5.

2 Likes

Still waiting Kaivax

5 Likes

Companies love to say they “can’t” do something when the reality is that they just won’t.

2 Likes

“i can’t give you this for free, I won’t get money I don’t deserve otherwise”

3 Likes

Should have responded, “You can’t get in contact with them? Do they not have phones?”

4 Likes

Except that this “wave” of free transfers were for the people too stubborn to leave their dead servers and it had the intended result of increasing the amount of paid transfer form medium sized servers that felt cheated for how horrible the handling of those free transfers were done.

How many paid transfer did they get money from versus how many people used the free transfer from their decision to open free transfer for certain servers? Something tells me they got way more from paid transfers… And when it comes to people cancelling their subs, let’s be honest, Blizzard only care about having all of the money right now, they don’t care about long term.

3 Likes

Kaivax, blink twice if you’re alive

4 Likes

wtb free xfers for the “medium” servers that are slowly dying due to people going to the megaservers

2 Likes

I just did /who Shattrath and there’s 2 people here.

Free transfers would be nice.

4 Likes

“Anotha one for Fairbanks Alliance” - DJ Khaled, probably.

When are the free transfers going to be disabled? People are heavily abusing it by farming 800+ Terocone daily on dead servers and transferring level 1 characters.

1 Like

Daily bump that blizzard will ignore, give transfers please

1 Like