Free Character Transfers for Burning Crusade Classic Realms

The servers were more or less stable until they opened transfers (not even free transfers, just transfers). It was pandoras box. The way I see it now, linking servers together the way retail does it is kinda the only way. Its not what we had originally wanted, but im on a 100% horde pvp server that will never get alliance again.

Blizz let the populations collapse themselves.

1 Like

Well, then I will move to the woods and eat grubs and wear squirrel pelts. in my defense, my mom drank a lot when she was pregnant, so maybe have some compassion?

Yo Blizz, today would be an awesome day to update the Free Transfer List from November to reflect the newly dead/low-pop servers. Thank you and many warm hugs.

1 Like

Sir, I salute you!

F in chat.

1 Like

Windseeker when?

The list of eligible source servers needs to be expanded. Multiple servers which were ineligible for free transfers when announced (such as Thunderfury and Netherwind) have dipped far below the population of the then-largest eligible server, Skeram.

I know Blizzard is thinking hard about how to treat the underlying causes than just symptoms, but expanding free transfer eligibility helps alleviate the problem now, while Blizzard crafts a better long term solution.

1 Like

FYI to all: This blue post is about the Season of Mastery realms, HOWEVER it also mentions TBC. I didn’t want to create a new thread, and this is probably the best one:
[SoM] Servers in disarray since launch - Community / WoW Community Council - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)
Hi Sixxfury,

Thanks for asking about this. Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that we do have Free Character Moves (FCMs) planned for WoW Classic Season of Mastery to give some of the lower population realms a relief valve. We’ll be talking more about this including which realms will have FCMs enabled soon.

In addition to adding these for Season of Mastery, we’ll also be enabling FCMs on additional Burning Crusade Classic realms as well.

4 Likes

Well Holy $hit blizz is finally going to do something about the realms

Right after they milked the last few people with the 30% off transfers. Real classy.

7 Likes

Totally agree. Yet another chance for Blizzard to try to re-balance heavily unbalanced, pvp servers goes by. Arugal, for example, is horde heavy so of course horde will likely look at Arugal via a free transfer. It’s population is not low and is actually pretty solid. PvP is great if the server is balanced. One drooling, zombie-like faction does not make for fun.

as much as id like them to try and balance servers i dont think they will they but hey maybe they prove me wrong

1 Like

‘Balancing’ the servers means crossing player choice if they were to do a merge or something along those lines. I always said coming into TBC they should open new TBC servers you copied your character too so they could naturally reduce the number of servers while still letting players choose where they wanted to be. But something like that is best done between xpacs since it would be pretty jarring in just a regular patch.

…So they finally cave in and give the peeps free transfers right after giving them a discount on transfers…LMAO.
Such clownery.

1 Like

I’ll be very pissed if they don’t open transfers out of Faerlina and Benediction.

even if they do no one would leave a mega server for a dead server

Cool. My TBC server died.

With the changes to open world pvp on retail Blizzard have admitted that classic style open world pvp was a failed experiment. The exodus of people on tbs to servers that are 100% one faction are an obvious indication that it has failed here to.
Surprise Surprise.
Let’s face it. Most open world pvp is purely ganking low level characters by high level. I was watching a friend play last night and he got ganked by a “skull” mage who killed him in two hits.
What is the purpose to this. he is at least 10 levels lower and therefore gray, so no honor is gained. It is purely getting your jollies by spoiling someone else’s experience.
It is well beyond time that Blizzard did away with this broken system so that we could have balanced servers again and enjoy the game.

Latest communication in CC forum
“In addition to adding these for Season of Mastery, we’ll also be enabling FCMs on additional Burning Crusade Classic realms as well.”

2 Likes

Open wpvp was not a failed experiment. It was a ton of fun for many years and still is on the one or two servers that aren’t absolutely scuffed. What Blizzard failed to realize is that wpvp is not sustainable on super mega servers. Players figured that out way back when MC released and the forums were on fire with people already sick of it.

There’s a huge difference between having 4K people running around the world at odds with each other and 15K. WoW wasn’t designed for that. It doesn’t work.

3 Likes

That and those 4k people weren’t all level 60s attempting to do end-game things.

Also waiting for free transfers from Thunderfury Blizzard. Down another 335 players. We are officially under 1k total players doing things. Almost under 100 alliance side.

3 Likes

do something with Herod server please it’s dying server now less player are playing make us not enjoying it.

1 Like