Free Character Transfers for Burning Crusade Classic Realms

@kaivax,

I just transferred off a low pop (dead server) about 10mins before this post went up. Is there anyway I can refund my transfer or reverse it and see how this free service works?

As a side note my entire guild started their transfers Thursday night after our raid. Had we known this was going to be an option I guarantee everyone of us would have waited to see what options Blizz would be providing.

1 Like

I think there should be a new definition of what the server population size ranges are. Given the current landscape of WCL raiding toons as the only measure of active raiding population (keep in mind a lot of alt/pug raids are not logged), it is hard to know exactly what a low or medium pop server count looks like.

For example, some “Medium” servers can be bordering on Low if you consider activity level and not account or toon count. I think the best criteria is to consider a count of active toons (ie. lvl 60+ and logged on in the last 7 days AND participated in at least one dungeon or raid in those 7 days to eliminate profession/farming toons).

It would be great to have a limited window where PVE characters can transfer to PVP servers in between P2 and P3. I don’t really get why that is a restriction with Arenas and BGs cross server, anyway.

What I can say is that even on my so-called “medium” server, there is definitely a lot less activity than on a high pop server. I have toons on both sizes and the difference is very noticeable.

My take on server pop based on WCL counts? (based on dominant faction)
Low < 2,000 active raiders
Medium 2,000-5,000 active raiders
High 5,000-8,000 active raiders
Full > 8,000

It’s good to see that some people still have a sense of humor.

2 Likes

Thanks for finally coming around Blizzard. Maybe now struggling medium realms like mine can stop worrying about dying out.

People seeking a new PVE East realm, come to Windseeker!

I made a list for East:
-Close these realms → Deviate Delight, Heartseeker, Incendius, Kirtonos, Kromcrush, Skeram, Stallag, Thalnos
-Offer all their characters free transfers to these realms → Ashkandi, Bloodsail, Earthfury, Herod, Netherwind, Sulfuras, Westfall, Windseeker

Problem solved.

I want my $75 back. >:(

3 Likes

For the love of all that is holy – please do not make this a FFA transfer.

Free transfer of Horde will pour into already Horde-heavy servers.

Free transfer of Alliance will pour into already Alliance-heavy servers.

FACTION LOCK servers who have a high percentage of one side already. This is such a simple solution.

Destination server has 60% horde already? Easy, no more Horde transfers. Same with Alliance heavy servers.

Just do it right, Blizzard. Please.

8 Likes

This is EXACTLY why you didn’t see this post until now. The rate of transfers vs the intake of money has gotten so low they can offer this service without feeling like they took a profit hit. Also why the restrictions are in place. Other servers who won’t have access will be bled dry into xfering when they see how much fun the other servers are having with the new life.
Disgusting tactic but it’s capitalism at it’s roots

2 Likes

gosh darn capitalism

1 Like

does that posisbly include like azuresong which is flagged as medium but truely is super low

Of course after hundreds had to transfer to another server to do ANYTHING in game over the past couple of months and have been asking for this. I want my transfer money back too. Absolutely absurd.

Same here. We’ve only been asking for a server merge or transfer for months now!

1 Like

About time.

+1 for Locking or Throttling factions that already dominate servers. Benediction’s gone from 50/50 to 80/20 (based on ironforge demographics), and horde have been transfering off due to the lack of activity within the faction. If another 5-10k alliance show up, horde will definitely hit eject.

Obviously I am not a CM or blizzard employee, but my past experience has been that “region” refers to the world region, ie europe asia americas etc, or in other words that these transfers have exactly the same restrictions as a normal paid transfer.

Sucks to be Benediction Horde I guess. Cough up some money while we just let a million more Alliance come on in.

Would be nice if you guys either gave refunds or at the very least equivalent game time to those who spent money on transferring off of the dead realms…

Great but is earthfury alliance qualified as low pop since there are 4k horde and less than 700 alilance

Not quite. The free transfers are from low to high. Not high to low. Now if only Blizz can get this right, they might have a chance.

I second this post. There aren’t any “High” population PvP servers in US East so if Benediction and Faerlina (as “Full” population servers) are possible destinations please DO NOT enable free transfers of Alliance to Benediction or Horde to Faerlina. Really those factions should be locked to prevent any more paid transfers which would make the faction imbalance even worse.

2 Likes

^^^^^

Benediction alliance here.

2 Likes