Free Character Moves Started Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. PDT

Because the game wouldn’t be playable on some servers. I am at a roadblock on my leatherworking because in order to specialize you have to farm certain mobs and even with layering those areas are already too heavily farmed so you have to spend 5-10 minutes just hunting for a mob to kill just for the chance the item you need can be skinned from it.

Because there’s zones beyond the starting area. You have huge clusters of players in the same level range still. The hypothetical 5000 undead who started at the same time are now let’s say 3 to 4K undead in their 30s which is still too many people for zones to handle. There’s simply not enough mobs to accommodate that many people questing in any one zone. And before you ask, layering isn’t needed for 5000 level 60 simply because by that point people are usually not questing anymore and most of the end game content is instanced.

Yes I’m wrong. Me and the actual WoW devs who said numerous times that layering has no impact on queues are wrong and you random forum dwarf is absolutely right. You’re not delusional at all.

I never said it wasn’t gonna be. But it is what it is. I didn’t decide on the maximum players values server side.

Read the Q&A or any other interview.

I didn’t change my argument, I just didn’t think you were too dumb to extrapolate the starting area issues to other zones.

I am literally repeating what they said. You’re the one inserting opinions in all of this.

Holy sh*t how dense are you? I have to repeat myself a lot but I am not the one making that claim. Since you seem unable to handle google, I did it for you.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hnewman/2019/08/26/warcraft-classic-layering-and-realm-queues-ion-hazzikostas-explains-why-youre-waiting-to-log-in/#5754f657e45d

My claim was that layers have nothing to do with queues, which they don’t. My examples were taken straight from the Q&A and other interviews. I never once said that the goal was this or that. I literally repeated what the wow dev said since the beginning. Your arguing went from “layers help the queues” to arguing the logistics behind them removing said layers because you had no arguments from the start. You said layers help the queues, I said you’re wrong. That still stands.

Yes that’s a given. But by “help with the queues” people mean that if they add more layers, the queues will be lower which is not how any of this works. More layers doesn’t mean less queues. The servers have an absolute limit that once reached, no matter how many layers you have, the maximum is still reached.

I leveled an alt on arcanite reaper from 1-10 today to see what the server looks like. It was terrible. It’s not a low pop server, it’s a no pop server. 1 level 60 the entire time i was playing. not more than 40 people in the 30-40 range when I was /who’ing.

Worse than that was the low level people. They are like playing with bots. There’s no discussion, people decline group invites. The no queue time is clearly attracting the wrong kind of classic player (more likely to be retail tourists imo).

So what you’re saying is that once the limit is reached, adding more layers won’t help with the queue?

Could you cite text of blizzard saying such?

When will blizzard put up paid character move for classic?? Please set it up ASAP. I want to pay and move one charachter which is not listed in the qualified free transfer.

1 Like

I wasn’t going to transfer off Incendeus but as luck would have it two of my real life friends who I rarely get to see because they moved away irl just informed me that they rolled on Heartseeker and I don’t even care anymore if I have to change my name.

3 Likes

Layers have never had anything to do with queues. Queues exist to prevent the maximum number of server connections from being exceeded. Layers exist to prevent overcrowding in congested areas within the game. These are two distinctly different things.

1 Like

Heartseeker is sick, Join Us!

2 Likes

You people don’t understand layers. Read into it. Seriously.

What do you mean by “You people”?

And also, I have read extensively into it. Thanks. I’ve been reading about it since before Blizz even announced it.

It’s an over flow. A buffer. There’s expected drop off in population, that’s the whole entire reason of layering. So there’s a healthy population on the realms AFTER the population drops.

What did you think layering was?

The way this free transfer is structured is going to dilute realms that are now established with full populations.
Keep in mind most of these realms will start dropping population soon as the hype goes away. The casuals and lurkers will disappear. You’ll be left with a bunch of medium and low population servers in a few more weeks instead of a handful of full realms. . Most of us want full population servers! One of the main reasons we wanted classic is to grind, raid, and explore with ingame and real life friends. We build communities, economies, and bonds together because of a busy population. We want to be able to form groups easily but not need the tools that ruined the game in the first place.
You’re headed to ruin it!

Rattlegore doesn’t really have a queue anymore. If it does it maybe be 1 min.
You guys created too many servers in a panic to resolve the queue issues the children tugging on your pant leg were complaining about. Now you’ve created a mess of low and barely medium realms.

Give us better options that are structured better or you’ll destroy the greatest MMO once again!

They’re trying to get people off the realms that are high pop because layering is meant to be removed.

A medium pop realm now, WILL HAVE QUEUES when layering is removed. Medium pop is too many people compared to Vanilla single layer