Free Character Moves Started Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. PDT

Man, you’re an mvp. You know how to read blue posts, go do it, we aren’t your search engine. This info has come from Blizz, that’s why so many are pointing it out. Educate yourself or get out of the thread.

wheres the blizzard source on this?

I opened a ticket but apparently you changed Incendius’s free transfer realm option to Heartseeker while me and my crew were half way migrated to Netherwind already… This is a kick in the face.

3 Likes

This is crap. Trying to get off this full server and join my friends that joined early/late/transferred but I can’t get to the realm they’re on. Open up the transfer options. Not everything in the vanilla experience is wanted and needs to stay the same. Hour queue times to login is something no one wants to experience ever again.

1 Like

Wow… this is unacceptable.

1 Like

Given the fact that there’s realm transfers off of pretty much ALL of the high and full to low/medium realms kinda makes me think there’s a good reason for it.

There’s a similar link just a few spots above your reply as well…

Hello, i have the free transfer to use, i want to transfer a character from Faerlina (US) but the option wants to send me to Trascendence (EU) when i should go to Heartseeker (US), any solution? :frowning:

That’s really weird… were you able to transfer?

Herod still has a 6k queue from 6pm est till almost midnight. Transfers are a failure it seems. Oh well gonna have to continue to have my gf log me on while im at work lol.

Merging realms is a nightmare because a lot of people lose the names they have. If you snagged a cool sounding, but popular name (examples, idk, ‘Killer’ or ‘Slayer’, something hundreds of people probably try on the char creation screen), it will definitely be taken on another realm if a merge occurs, then a lot of people get forced into involuntary name changes.

Anyway, they should just leave the transfers open a lot longer than Monday. At the very least, leave them open until the end of September and see how things settle.

1 Like

You say this yet you also refuse to take the transfer. You’re actively the problem.

2 Likes

For all the people saying thats not how layering works. This is a direct quote from Blizzard less than a month ago. They directly say that removing layering come phase 2 will impact queues even more.

Something to note as well. This post was made prior to them caving and increasing realm capacity to add more layers. So as we inch closer to Phase 2, will be interesting. Think we need more of an explanation on how it works.

1 Like

Transfer or deal with the queues.

1 Like

Do. Not. Transfer. I impulsively transferred from Whitemane to Arcanite Reaper. I’m now stuck in a server with next to no one. I’m 37 and have yet to find a group to XP with (been on this server for nearly a week). When I initially logged into Orgrimmar, there were a total of 4 people in the city. I am apparently stuck here. My only option is to quest alone in an empty world.

can you show me where they said this? Just curious.

Imagine not only being a part of the problem but also supporting the problem by telling people not to transfer.

I’m not as involved as I’m assuming you are in the forums so the decision to transfer didn’t initially appear to be a “problem”. Having now realized my errors, I’m hoping you and others don’t. Deep breaths, Leia.

1 Like

I transferred and I’m happy with my decision. Telling people not to transfer is getting involved AND becoming part of the problem, thought it was obvious.

i don’t know what your situation/server is like, but it’d be selfish to tell people to come to my new server. There’s no one to talk to, there’s no one to play with. I’m happy it worked out for you, and if you genuinely mean it, our situations are different. I’m now playing an rpg, no longer an mmo

2 Likes

Not your search engine, but a couple posts up there is this:

While we are able to fit several times more players on a single realm in 2019 than was the case in 2006, we are not going to raise that cap any further, even though we have the technical capacity to do so. Raising realm caps would simply forestall the problem, letting more players in at launch but creating an unsustainable situation down the line, with severe queues when we turn off layering permanently before Phase 2 of our content unlock plan.

Here you go.