Free Character Moves Started Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. PDT

Its subjective but im lvl 29 now. Profile hasnt updated. And for me it is as i wrong a full time job and have a family. Couple hrs a day max is all i get. Im not starting over

2 Likes

They’re probably worried that players on multiple realms might coordinate, causing a huge surge in transfers to one server. The destination realm might become too full too quickly and they’d have to cut off transfers ahead of the announced deadline. If they did that, friends/guilds might get split and there would be player outrage. Meanwhile, the other low pop realms won’t get many new transfers because everyone coordinated to go to the same one.

1 Like

I assume the reason they are doing this is not because of current queues but because they are trying to get server pops to a level that they can remove layering without then creating huge queues.

Was reading another post and Blizzard does seem to be reducing the max cap of players when they remove layering which would increase Queue times. It is post 60 I believe.

1 Like

I think most of us wouldn’t mind starting over at all if it were 15 years ago.

It’s just hard on those with full time jobs and family. Hell I don’t even have kids just a GF and a side business and starting over is just so daunting… as much as I love the game I don’t know if I should just wait to see if Blizzard offers anything or stop playing for a bit as not to get burned out.

2 Likes

Blizzard reduces the player cap when they remove layers. This causes longer queues.

4 Likes

Thanks Holycow that is what I was looking at.

1 Like

The queue is not there now, but Blizzard knows that if they remove layering… queues will exist for all of these realms listed.

Old vanilla servers had 2,500 to 3,000 player caps. Mankrik is sitting at a total of over 60,000+ characters, if you include both factions. Of course, this is all the alts and tourists included… but 60,000 characters trying to get into a bottleneck of 3,000 to 5,000… even 10,000 spaces is not looking good.

Man, you’re an mvp. You know how to read blue posts, go do it, we aren’t your search engine. This info has come from Blizz, that’s why so many are pointing it out. Educate yourself or get out of the thread.

wheres the blizzard source on this?

I opened a ticket but apparently you changed Incendius’s free transfer realm option to Heartseeker while me and my crew were half way migrated to Netherwind already… This is a kick in the face.

3 Likes

This is crap. Trying to get off this full server and join my friends that joined early/late/transferred but I can’t get to the realm they’re on. Open up the transfer options. Not everything in the vanilla experience is wanted and needs to stay the same. Hour queue times to login is something no one wants to experience ever again.

1 Like

Wow… this is unacceptable.

1 Like

Given the fact that there’s realm transfers off of pretty much ALL of the high and full to low/medium realms kinda makes me think there’s a good reason for it.

There’s a similar link just a few spots above your reply as well…

Hello, i have the free transfer to use, i want to transfer a character from Faerlina (US) but the option wants to send me to Trascendence (EU) when i should go to Heartseeker (US), any solution? :frowning:

That’s really weird… were you able to transfer?

Herod still has a 6k queue from 6pm est till almost midnight. Transfers are a failure it seems. Oh well gonna have to continue to have my gf log me on while im at work lol.

Merging realms is a nightmare because a lot of people lose the names they have. If you snagged a cool sounding, but popular name (examples, idk, ‘Killer’ or ‘Slayer’, something hundreds of people probably try on the char creation screen), it will definitely be taken on another realm if a merge occurs, then a lot of people get forced into involuntary name changes.

Anyway, they should just leave the transfers open a lot longer than Monday. At the very least, leave them open until the end of September and see how things settle.

1 Like

You say this yet you also refuse to take the transfer. You’re actively the problem.

2 Likes

For all the people saying thats not how layering works. This is a direct quote from Blizzard less than a month ago. They directly say that removing layering come phase 2 will impact queues even more.

Something to note as well. This post was made prior to them caving and increasing realm capacity to add more layers. So as we inch closer to Phase 2, will be interesting. Think we need more of an explanation on how it works.

1 Like