Free Character Moves Started Wednesday at 11:00 a.m. PDT

People procrastinate.

Blizzard gets a better idea how many players are actually transferring.

As opposed to not announcing a deadline for transfers. Guilds could be split if they silently ended transfers.

Medium/high/full realms are currently larger than full realms back in Vanilla.

2 Likes

Again, it’s not just about queues. When blizzard removes layering, realms that are high pop are gonna face issues and will most likely get a queue then.

1 Like

Uh, they gave you combined realms with no community. Maybe they learned that wasn’t the answer. Could be changed next expansion.

Could also be changed today if they wanted to…

I have updated the OP above. These free character moves will also be available:

FROM TO
Arugal Felstriker
Yojamaba Felstriker
6 Likes

Mankrik barely even has a queue at the worst of times in the past few days, maybe 5 minutes at most.

Why are you offering free transfers off a server that is comfortably high pop, but not experiencing queues most of the time?

1 Like

Read the other comments. It’s not only about queues, they’re preparing for the decreass/removal of layers. When that comes in phase 2, current high pop realms will have a queue.

2 Likes

My understanding of the layering system was that it had no effect on number of people able to log in, just how many people you could see.

Bfa realms are all interconected throug sharding and whatnot. No need to do that.

For me, I’m not that confident that Classic will last with the current user base. Esp when a new retail patch is released. Slower levelers will get left behind, it’ll get harder to find groups, and they’ll get frustrated and leave.

But, I hope you’re right in that there will be that many people running around playing.

Just because you see people doesn’t mean you can be in a guild, trade, have commerce, etc with them. You still have alot of things limited by your population on the server…

Layers increase the number of people who can login and play in a playable world.

With layers, zones aren’t too overcrowded for questing and the realm doesn’t lag/crash from having too many players together in the same areas.

If they removed all layering right now, they would also have to lower the player cap in order to maintain a playable world.

Windseeker seems to have a healthy spanish speaking community if anyone is interested. Personally, no habla espanol, so I’d be thrilled to get a ticket off of this realm but this is my reward for being a good girl and moving when I was asked I guess.

2 Likes

All of the free character moves listed above are now available.

4 Likes

Layering is about how many people you can see, but it has also allowed blizzard to increase the concurrent players on each server above what will be possible on a phase 2, layerless server.

Layering doesn’t cause less queues, the concurrent players allowed into the server do, and blizzard increased that substantially a couple days into the launch to remove queues as much as possible so that people could play.

What they’re probably about to do is reduce the amount of concurrent players allowed on a server at once and servers that have no queue today might have a few thousand in a couple days.

This is just my take on the whole situation. Blizzard have been very communicative and yet still very confusing about the entire situation.

3 Likes

I’d say the majority of what is causing confusion, is all the people posting, actually don’t know what they’re talking about.
There’s a lot of misinformation and incorrect ideas about layering and it’s purpose.

What might help is if Blizz posted information at the login screen telling everyone that queues will increase as layers are dropped.

A lot of people don’t read the forums, and some that do, don’t read into the information that Blizz has offered.

3 Likes

So? Again, what is the downside?

Pretty sure all they need to look at are the two servers and their population ratio.

Why do you feel I was suggesting they “silently” end them? My point is that it is dumb to put an end date this far out. The “end date” should be given AFTER the populations equalize.

I really feel you should add an option for people to move from RP and RPPVP servers to PVE and PVP servers. This has been discussed at length in the past. A LOT of non RP players overflowed onto the RP/RPPVP realms when they were the only non-full ones. Those people should be given a way off.

3 Likes

Everyone complained trying to get free transfers and now they’re still complaining because they don’t like the destination realm lmao

1 Like