Free Character Moves Now Available in This Region

Yep, I don’t mind speaking up but there are a lot of people on these new servers that aren’t on the forums and who will be seriously affected by these changes.

2 Likes

I’m on Netherwind as well, this was too soon. Gonna watch the Bears-Packers game. Come back and do a /who. I been keeping tabs on everyone leveling. I might not be the first 60 but i was hoping to be the first druid at least. If i see anyone higher than those of us who leveled on Nether I’m considering unsubbing.

Whats funny is I’ve talked to people on both realms and they don’t even like each other. I am hoping their fears of being swamped by either streamers and/or language barriers keeps the other away.

2 Likes

Are multiple characters able to move? Right now i cant move a character cuz of mail in this 5k que. Can anyone confirm or do i need to move my bank alt stuff to my main?

1 Like

Ok this has turned into an absolute nightmare. I cannot speak for every guild, but 2 days is not enough time for everyone to make a decision on this AND give all of their members sufficient notice that the guild will be swapping servers.

We literally would have to disband our guild in order for the GM to move their character, so we can’t even leave a Message of the Day alerting people to move their toons to Arcanite Reaper.

Why did you not give more notice on this? AT LEAST a week? Why did you not put it in the launcher, the client, or on Twitter? It is not this easy to just pack up shop and move an entire guild to a new server.

Now if we wait more than a day to ensure everyone has been notified that we’re swapping some people may lose their character names which they subbed 3 weeks early JUST TO GET.

What the hell are you guys thinking?

2 Likes

Can they transfer guild leadership to an alt?

1 Like

They really aren’t, they are just reacting wildly.

my classic guys aren’t even showing up. How?

He would be able to but he’s out of town all weekend. And there’s no contingency plan because we had less than a day’s notice this was even happening.

I didn’t even know it was live until someone got in queue tonight and mentioned they were offered a transfer. We weren’t given nearly enough time to notify our guild communities what the plan was.

Well, at least you guys don’t have to disband your guild for him to transfer.

1 Like

We don’t even get the option now because he literally will miss the entire server transfer period. The decision has been made for us because Blizzard is completely flying by the seat of their pants here.

They have been so vague and hasty about this we had no idea it was coming. We needed more notice that it was coming and WHEN it was coming, and it needs to be open to the existing servers for more than just ONE DAY before other characters can be created on those realms.

1 Like

He might not miss the transfer period.

Blizzard hasn’t given a hard deadline for free transfers, so they’ll probably keep the transfer system open, as long as your realm still has long queues and there’s available room on the destination realm.

(To be clear, that’s my own personal opinion though. I don’t think they’ll close free transfers if they still want players to move from one realm to another.)

How long will the character transfer option be available?

I believe they posted “throughout the weekend”

Can multiple characters be moved? Asking a friend.

So you just transferred to a new realm and it’s not full already? Might give it a few hours.

2 Likes

Yes. I am currently moving two of my characters.

2 Likes

That’s the thing. We have ZERO details. Which pretty much provides me with ZERO confidence.

Thanks.

10 char

It sounds like you guys need to wait for your guild master to come back from his trip.

If free transfers get closed, your guild will be in the same spot it’s in now.

If free transfers are still open, you guys will have a decision to make.

Guess we’ll see what happens next week. I hope things work out for y’all.

How many character’s can we transfer?