Free Character Moves for this Region

I made the move from Mankrik to Windseeker (Alliance Side) and it has been a great decision so far! Lots of friendly people, tons of people looking for groups, and I would say the AH is pretty healthy, not tainted by layering.

Can someone walk me though how to initiate a transfer? been trying to figure this out!

Reminds me of Butters from South Park

I really wish they’d open up Thalnos to Netherwind. I missed the first opportunity we had, and 11 real life friends made the xfer as soon as it opened. Problem was, I had about 3 pages of mail on 5 characters. now I’ve got a 60 mage and tons of gold, just sitting there on a character I’ll never play again.

1 Like

There should be a Shop button on the character selection screen similar to retail. You’ll follow the transfer flow to initiate the server transfer. If the server is currently full there will be an option on the queue screen offering the transfer option as well. You’ll want to make sure your mailbox and AH listing are cleared out. If there is a queue you’ll need to wait it out to clear your box/AH.

Take a look at this guide:

It has literally everything to do with queues. when layering is taken away, the population cap of each server is going to reduce by a large margin.

2 Likes

There are no dead severs right now. Wow. Just transfer now or you will deeply regret it later when layers are removed and you are sitting in a 6 hour q and only to enter world with 75 other people trying to kill the same boar as you.

Question, do these transfers come with the ability to change race? Or is it just a straight transfer?

Arcanite Reaper is dead and will stay dead. My friend’s xfer there without looking and it’s gonna be the first server to die.

1 Like

While I appreciate that they are doing server transfer again, this is exactly what worries me about not opening transfers from high pop realms to ALL med/low pop realms.

Long-term, they’re probably going to have to keep addressing the problem of long queues.

Wait grobbulus didn’t already have the ability to transfer to deviate delight?

Just the transfer.
You can change your name if someone on the server already has it. But that’s about it.

I’m on westfall, why can’t I transfer? It won’t give me an option.

Just a straight transfer of your character. If your name is already in use on that realm you will be forced to change it. You can not alter your character in any other way

Ok, I figured it out. You have to “buy” the transfer, for free.

I used the wow census add-on last night to look at population. Bloodsail Buccaneers had 7,200 people online at peak hours (horde plus alliance). One cannot transfer away from this server, at this time. Windseeker had 5,800 people online last night. This server is open to accept transfers from more crowded servers.

Evidently 7,200 at peak is fine. I think Blizzard strategy is pretty clear at this point. We are all Tauren in cattle cars!

edit: interesting… I tried to get more data this evening and the census app was no longer working.

Character transfers: (You do not have to wait for the migrations button w/qs)
You can access it at your character screen in the shop. Select shop and you will see services and the free transfer will be displayed

1 Like

I am proof this isn’t the case those throwing your premise that “everybody” will do something out the window. I’m going from Horde Stalagg to Alliance on Earthfury. Last i saw Stalagg was very horde dominate to Earthfury where the horde hold a slight edge.

That may have changed but it’s what it was when i made my choice.

Yup I have a 60 mage with a ton of gold sitting on thalnos. meanwhile 11 rl friends are chillin on netherwind. Supposedly nothing they can do.

1 Like