Free Character Moves Available for Select Realms

Arent you the guy who took the time to whisper me in-game telling me to leave the server because you were mad about what i post on the forums?

1 Like

And yet here you are paying a sub so you can post on the forums.

It shouldn’t require more than those three pauses to think of a good solution.
A megaserver that the game wasn’t designed around is a problem
A dead server that the game wasn’t designed around is a problem

There is a solution that exists in the middle.
1.) Blizzard must regulate healthy servers so they maintain a reasonable faction balance and overall population per hardware capability. This means no matter how many people want to flex their $25, they cannot allow transfers that skew that balance. Period.
2.) Blizzard must provide incentives to transfer/reroll on “dead” / faction dominated servers to slowly restore balance, at which point those incentives are removed and the server is placed into the same restrictions as highlighted in #1 above.

Is some of this the community’s fault? Sure, but it’s up to Blizzard to put a system in place that prevents the problem in the first place. It’s basic problem solving that a company has to be able to do.

3 Likes

There is no solution to balanced servers outside of Blizzard pulling a switch and force moving randoms players/guilds to random servers on a balanced way. You want them to be a dictator and move players who don’t want to?

The playerbase can’t balance themselves cause the playerbase is selfish. Everyone on the populated servers wants the other to get out, they won’t take the risk. Until people are willing to move to smaller servers nothing can be fixed.

1 Like

Queues starting already on whitemane while many of us are still at work and they refuse to fix or acknowledge this problem. Why on earth should we have to maintain a 6 hour login time to just make raid because they refuse to layer the server.

Nice low IQ blanket statement guy. Their management of servers is beyond pathetic.

Open Free xfers for all the low pop dead servers.
Then Lock The full servers as needed to continue to fill the medium servers.

Rinse repeat until we have a bunch of healthy pop servers and no ghost towns.

Logic

1 Like

Nobody gonna transfer off Faerlina now that their streamer king has returned

Don’t expect to be welcome if you act in the manner you do. I simply was just expressing the same sentiment you were on the Whitemane forum, can’t deal with it look in the mirror.

1 Like

Then they can wait in queue with him.

Btw, they finally remembered out how to sticky a thread.

Lmao imagine being so mad about the forums you resort to stalking people ingame.

You are posting on a open forum don’t like it stop posting.

1 Like

Are you okay, bro?

I’d say they should also probably implement some kind of guild transfer system to alleviate the anxiety of transfers being turned off without warning, leaving half a guild stranded.

1 Like

I agree, servers should be scaled to the appropriate size based on vanilla numbers. This won’t happen though - how would you successfully split a mega server threefold? Who goes where?

1.) So transfers are throttled, I mentioned previously as well that this could help.

Are rerolls also throttled? Are you allowed to make alts, or would character creation be completely locked? If you already have your toons there, but want to make a new main, do you news to delete a current character?

2.) When the exp bonus was rolled out in retail and people asked for it in classic, many people contended it would be starkly opposed to Classic.

What type of incentives would there be? Once someone takes advantage of these benefits, if the server doesn’t ever actually stabilize such as Heartseeker, can they then transfer thereafter? Thus making these types of servers temporary boosting servers for a predominantly migratory community?

There are private servers that take balancing measures that work; however, they also only have one server so there is no ability for people to transfer elsewhere.

The three ellipses aren’t searching for an answer, they are highlighting the preposterous line of thinking that many people are malcontent with the massively populated servers, yet when offered a free solution out then whinge about the servers being dead or less-than-ideal.

1 Like

I am great thanks for asking.

1 Like

I recall in the initial transfer waves this occurred and Blizzard facilitated guild-specific free transfers to remedy the situation. If I find a post discussing it I’ll edit it in to this one.

1 Like

Isn’t this a thing in retail? I seem to remember around MoP or something my guild transferred in its entirety, and on the new server everyone was already in the guild, and we had the same guild name + gbank. It was like a 50$ service or something.

Am I crazy or was this a thing?

It is - obviously the guild bank function would be removed, but keep the “opt in” guild wide transfer for members.

Exactly. “Why don’t you offer free transfers Blizz???”.
“Why aren’t you responding Blizz???”
“Do SOMETHING Blizz!!!”

Blizzard responds

Community - “That’s NOT what I asked for Blizz. Here’s what I (which means EVERYONE cause my friends said so) want”:

1. Perfect answer #1
  2. Perfect answer #2
  3. Perfect answer #3
    …and so on.