Framerate issues after 10.0.5 patch

Okay… since 10.0.5 has come out I’ve been have problems with my WoW.

1. I’ll load up my computer, open WoW, immediately my framerate is unplayable once my character loads in… It get so bad my whole PC starts to lag, only way I get this phenomenon to stop is by forcing my PC shut down by power button. Once I load my PC back up everything is fine…I open different games, go on YouTube and I’m not having any issues… But if open WoW again and randomly get those framerate problem my whole system starts to freeze. I also told friend of mine about these problem I’ve been having they also describe similar situation with WoW and fixing by force restarting their PC.
  2. While leveling I notice every time I dinged or another player in my party dinged the flash of light would make my screen/game freeze for like a solid second. I leveled from 46 to 60 and that freezing happened every single time I leveled.
  3. While on my dragon riding mount If I were to use an ability to attack something while on the mount my game will freeze or stutter for a second. But If I use any other mount whether it be ground or flying mount and repeat that attacking process I don’t get that freeze or stutter.
  4. Lastly while waiting for my 30+ min solo shuffle ques I’ll fly around fighting mobs or collecting materials I’ll have no issue with game. Once I join solo shuffle and I’m in the arena my framerate drops dramatically. Sometimes that issue disappears after I’m out of arena and back In the world. Other times that issue stays and constantly getting framerate drops have to restart the game.

I’m just curious Is anyone else having issues with their game? Anything similar? I simply don’t know what to do at this point… I’ve updated my graphics card… I’ve even rolled the update back. I’ve tested with other games that more graphic heavy than WoW like Elden Ring and no issues. My WoW setting in game aren’t set to anything crazy and before this patch I was having no issues at all. I’ve disable addons still having these issues. I’ve also did a repair on WoW

3 Likes

Now that you mention it I have been having the same problems. When I was running with 3900X and 5700X my the FPS was 20-30 in Val. Last month I upgraded to a 5800X3D and RTX 4080 and my frames went to 90-100 in Val. Now Im sitting at 30-40 dipping to 25-30 when its really busy after the patch.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. As a druid I’ll pop into a form and it will literally freeze for about 2-3 seconds, then come to. If I try to cast a heal after that it stutters. Very frustrating as I can’t figure out the cause. I had no issues like this before the patch.

This same stutter happens when fighting Oceanic players in battlegrounds or arenas. It’s not that you simply lag when fighting them (high ms), it actually causes these framerate stutters somehow.

It happens even without any addons enabled.

The stutters have been and fps issues have been since pre patch.

Here’s a forum that load with issues on the stutters.

Hopefully it helps some of you.

1 Like

I have been having massive stuttering as well. It’s wild, because in some arena maps I’ll have fine fps, but then in others like Blade’s Edge I’ll have literally 8 fps and the whole thing will feel like I’m playing a game in 1960…it’s awful it’s literally unplayable how much I stutter and pressing spells causes them to be deployed 3 seconds later…also melee is unplayable because I can never hit my target…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.