FPS issue with WOTLK

I logged in after a a few weeks, my poverty set up at work an M1 Mac mini with a 75 hertz monitor at 1080p. The issue, my fps is capped at 37.5 I have to turn v sync off and untangle the slider and let my fps run wild. My MacBook M1 Pro has the same issue except the cap is 60. Did Blizzard do something to the game?

Check if this is fixed, I know they fixed the maxfps cap bug today.

I logged in on my M1 Pro, Im capped at 40fps with everything turned down to 1, this is completely unplayable for me. Another thing, at these low settings my Mac is running extremely hot, the fans are kicking in big time. This machine should not run this hot with everything turned down.

I’ve also had similar issues for about the past week or so on my M1 Pro. Frame rate will stutter and occasionally drop from 60-45-30 then back up to 60. Heat is also an issue, running at almost 80C when before it would be around 55C. Retail WoW is running much better than Wrath right now.

This is called thermal throttling

1 Like

Couple things, even wrath at native resolution is demanding. use FSR and render scale to run at same quality much cooler.

also, if using a macbook air, it’s gonna throttle, period. they were poorly designed

if a macbook pro, these work great but only with a custom fan curve. again apples fan curve is bad and causes thermal throttling. Using something like Mac Fans Control will let you adjust fans to not let the processor overheat. I literally dual box two wows at same time on 2 external 4k screens at 120hz without issues on M1 Max cause I use FSR at 50% render scale on both, and an appropriate fan curve.

an M1 pro can’t push that hard but it should handle wrath on a single screen at 60 locked at max settings no problem with FSR, even at 4 or 5k, with a good can curve.

I play at 4k with FSR render scale at 50%, locked to 60 and use Macs Fan Control for my fans. RPM set to 3000 which got me around 55C before. Settings aren’t cranked up high either, most of them are “Good” with sunshafts and particle density set on low.

I never had these issues until about a week after Ulduar was released, and it’s only in Wrath. Retail has had no change in performance and temperature, and I haven’t had frame rate drops or temperature issues there. Mac hasn’t changed, no dust in vents or anything. Have been on the same OS version (12.6.2) this entire time.

Issue still persists with addons disabled. I thought it could’ve been that when they updated Wrath, but it’s not on my end.

ok good info, I was on wrath for a bit yesterday but didn’t notice anything out of ordinary but I don’t test wrath often either.