FPS halved by anima conductor graphics on Intel Mac

This is really an insight. And you are right, there is really no difference that I can see, even on higher resolutions, the difference from the effects they are going for in their visual goal. SO does this mean that basically this will stay unchanged?

1 Like

I wanted to add that turning off compute effects doesn’t change anything on my end, so I think there is definitely something more at play with these effects. Even lowering settings to 1 doesn’t help, in general.

1 Like

I experienced this for the first time the other day, as well. Very bizarre. No other slime patch drops frames like this one does.

1 Like

I know. And it is frustrating not to be able to talk to a Blizzard tech or anyone about it. I feel like reporting it amounts as annoying complaining if they are not planning on changing it, but I want to have some kind of dialog about it. That frame rate drop happens in the entirety of Spires, and because of that reason I have not been able to ever complete competitive keys on it.

1 Like

I agree about Spires. I have only just started getting into doing Mythic dungeons myself and it’s frustrating knowing I will always have issues there if I do. I definitely can’t do any heavy mechanics and all spells have a delay so I’m lucky if my interrupts go off in time.

We can only hope they will take a look at this and provide options to improve the experience. Sadly, I feel I’ve been having more issues elsewhere in Shadowlands in the last couple weeks, where the game freezes with the beach ball for a time (entering the archivist’s cave in Korthia, or certain moments in Torghast), or frames drop, or opening panes or entering world quest areas causes a stutter which was an issue even for PC on and off since a major patch lately), but this particular set of graphics is the worst.

I was able to slightly improve fps performance on my Intel MacBook Pro after upgrading to a gaming monitor with customizable settings. I only play at 1080p so my issues may not be directly related to the ones mentioned in this forum.

Here are the specs:
MacBook Pro 15"
i7 2.8 GHz Quad-Core
16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3
Radeon Pro 555 2 GB
Dell S2422HG gaming monitor

My fps is still subpar compared to pre 9.0.5 but the game is actually playable now.

Just an update, not much has changed from my posts above, but in a Spires of Ascension mythic 0 run, I was dealing with 18FPS the other day, on average they are dropping to less than 1/3 in this dungeon. While I can somewhat manage, I could not do anything above a Mythic 0 I imagine.

its not just in orbios its anywhere in game…I was at my garrison at 20fps…did a dungeon at 20fps…and now i cant even hop on because im stuck scanning and repairing both retail and tbc…frustrating :frowning:

Issues: game freezes every few seconds, usually after I talk/move/turn/act
After it releases I can move a lil’ bit, then repeat.
Eventually it beachballs and boots me.
Basically, same issues everyone else is having, no matter their make or model of Mac.
What. Did. You. Do???

It was running fine in 9.1, somebody done messed up.

1 Like

yeah were all on the same ship. We have to play the wait game…i heard theres a small patch tomorrow so lets hope that fixes the problem for us mac users

Hello, Drakuloth. There have been no changes to the issue in my original thread with the latest patch, which has been ongoing since 9.0.5. In fact, it seems a bit worse in a few areas, as the anima conductor issue seems to have seeped into Sinfall and Seat of the Primus where it wasn’t as prevalent before, making it laggy and my fans start going crazy (as it does in Oribos, Spires, Ardenweald with conductor, and Bastion with conductor). Stuttering and fan increase in covenant sanctums without a conductor also seems to have worsened. This is in addition to new crashes and hanging when completing quests, entering new zones (beach ball when falling into the maw, entering the archivist’s cave, etc.). This affects my ability to do dungeons, since I can’t do spires of ascension at all at any advanced level. Do you have any updates on whether this will be addressed? Thank you