Four more years

With the recent Post where watcher officially confirmed there would be another expac after Shadowlands ( https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/cant-use-my-covenant-ability-outside-of-the-shadowlands/668623/58 ) We have at least four years of WoW content to come that are officially confirmed.

While an expac after that is most likely, that is not yet officially confirmed.

So if these four upcoming years of WoW were the last of the setting what would you like to see to finally and satisfactorily finish it down?,
Feel free to comment and discuss.

1 Like

Until they launch something to replace wow, they won’t stop pumping out xpacs, no matter how small or stupid.

You would think they have something huge in development, but who knows.

I want a Diablo or Starcraft themed MMO, myself, or at least a looter/shooter (or behind character non-isometric “slasher?” Diablo type) game that offers the same “progressive grind” that WoW has.

8 Likes

They’ll keep making expansions if people keep buying them.

7 Likes

I’m pre-purchasing for 2022… where is the money slot on this PC.

1 Like

the PCIEx16 slot.

Just ask Nvidia

3 Likes

TY… stuffs money into PC

1 Like

Look at Everquest and see how many expansions that has.

WoW is still a baby compared.

7 Likes

If WoW was officially ending I’d like to see something along the lines of another cataclysm only this time we actually lose.

Looter/Shooter Starcraft would be awesome.

Either small-scale player units/sizes like Destiny, or large scale battlefields like Battlefield/Battlefront and Arma.

For Diablo, I genuinely think going rogue-like/souls-like with a combination of Souls style-bosses, rogue-like randomized diablo themed loot, and Doom 2016/Eternal levels of gore and pacing would be the most amazing way to transform Diablo.

4 Likes

Yeah, I think those would be super fun. I’d be less interested if they were too PVP focused, though.

2 Likes

Diablo could work, as III was halfway there, but Starcraft would never happen.

OW2 is meant to be that.

Sounds boring as the final ending.

PvP is the future of online gaming.

1 Like

The world exploding is boring? Alrighty

Then I officially accept my “ok boomer” title.

They did that with FF14 to launch A Realm Reborn.

I’d like some sort of wow2 with a better engine and maybe a hybrid combat system

1 Like

I think we have a very very long time until they stop making expansions. See: Everquest.

2 Likes

What I really want is for Hellgate : London to return.

1 Like

WoW 2 would lose so many players. A lto of people only play because of all the investment having achievements, mounts etc… mount 2 would see a rush of players but recline rapidly as other new MMOs. Even if the engine is better.

^^

Honestly, I would probably move to FF14. The only reason I haven’t fully made the switch is, like you said, the time investment. Especially if WoW2 had any form of ARPG combat.

1 Like

I would probably enjoy all of these things.

1 Like