Four elements 3 specs?

This is the underlying issue with the forums and a severe lack of grasping the idea that just because one spec of a class is .001% (exaggerating) better than the other, the lesser spec must be inherently broken, terrible, in need of overhaul, etc. And this goes for all specs.

4 Likes

I second this. Even if us Shaman got a tank spec, it shouldn’t have to be confined to the element of Earth. Most of the spells could be, but not all of them.

Rockbiter could be a taunt. Boulderfist could be a maelstrom generator. Landslide could be a gap-closer. Just some thoughts.

Shaman can and should make use of all four elements, regardless of the specialization.

2 Likes

It’s crazy, I use four elements in one spec. It’s almost as if four specs is pointless, because the three we have aren’t setup for individual elements :thinking:.

2 Likes

DK: Your sickness is Life. I will now proceed to heal you -_-

3 Likes

@Klowdywilde
@Magmarosh
@Meadamenon

I’m not saying they should confine our spells to one element but you can clearly see the primary if you will element of resto is water, most their spell casts revolve around water, enhancement is air as their biggest abilities revolve around storms and lightning, elemental is fire because your biggest spells are lava burst flame shock ect. It’s not that you shouldn’t have access to them but they are themed around those elements and earth doesn’t have a home it’s just a minor element that is sometimes taken advantage of to buff other specs like w earthshield in resto or rockbiter in enhance or the general tremor / earthbind totems.

1 Like

People keep talking bout specific elements to the specs but that’s not how I see or like to see mine. Above all else ele, ench and Erato are still shamans. We deal with the elements and spirit but not just a single one as any spec.

2 Likes

In vanilla, the elements synced up with certain aspects of combat. Fire was damage, water was restoration, earth (nature) was defense, and air (also nature) was enhancing abilities. I would like to keep it that way, but that doesn’t mean I want themes for specs. As enhancement, i need damage, and defense, and enhancing abilities goes along with that. And what kind of shaman doesn’t need healing? We need all four elements in all three specs. I don’t want themes, unless that theme is all of the elements dancing around me nonstop.

1 Like

As an elemental shaman, earth is not a minor element. Its a very large and important aspect of my spec. Both utility and damage.

1 Like

Exactly.

The main thing I dislike that blizzard has done with our class, is making our class mount change depending on spec. No matter what spec I’m playing, wind is my favourite element and I should be able to use the wind version of da mount on any spec.

2 Likes

It’s such a minor thing but I do think it’s weird they didn’t separate mount colors for us and DKs when warlocks can ride any color of their class mount. Just odd.

1 Like

Pallies, too.

If Blizzard let shamans tank (which I’m not for, nor against), I’d like to see Enhancement becoming a hybrid specialization with both dmging and tanking potentials (depending on talents) - it would make the class truly unique since currently such thing does not exist.
I know it won’t happen
I know it’s hard
Just saying

1 Like