Four elements 3 specs?

If the rumors about DKs getting a new life binders flame healing spec are true i see no reason shaman tanking shouldn’t be considered. Current specs each have a primary elemental attribute that they focus on.
Elemental: Fire
Resto: Water
Enhance: Air
???: Earth
I think if blizzard is adding new specs vs new classes it will make the game easier to balance in the long run.

1 Like

I feel confident that DKs are not getting a healing spec. Where does this rumor even exist? Never heard it before and google isn’t showing anything.

6 Likes

I agree with Akston.

There are no rumors of DK getting a healing spec. Blizzard specifically said at Blizzcon they were NOT doing class overhauls. Adding a spec would count as an overhaul.

Sounds like this is a contrived way to just bump a shaman 4th tank spec, to which the overwhelming majority say no. Let it go.

Also, I am not a mage. I dont want to be a mage. Do not define my spec to one element. I am a shaman, an ELEMENTAL shaman at that. That means i use and command all the elements.

Your argument of “it doesnt effect you if you dont want to play it” is already invalidated by yourself, by trying to redefine what the other specs mean in order to play to your 4th spec fantasy.

#no4thspec

3 Likes

Balancing would be off but there would also be a struggle to find a sound solution for how their mitigation would be unique.

I’m all for a shaman tank, but the three million threads on across I don’t even know how many years it’s been a topic, aren’t going to bring it into existence.

Also DK healers would be absolutely gross lmao

The best way is by making everyone angry.
Everyone’s gonna want a 2h tank because 2hs look cool and shaman doesn’t have the ability to use one for enhance.

So instead, make it a 1h/shield, caster-y type that primarily focuses on mitigating via earth’s protection.

Now it’s a unique tank, because magic tanks don’t really exist, it makes all the 2h players mad (big bonus), and it’s focused mostly on earth, with the other elements being used sparingly.

Easy.

1 Like

The Earth Warden Spec has long been requested and theorized but it likely won’t happen any time soon, the DKs are definitely not getting some healer spec either.

That aint happening at all.

Well if it would be earth and this is done then it would be that earth should be tank spec. But blizzard has to fix enhancement as it is no need to add another spec

Why not add the extra spec and keep enhancement? let Shamans be the second class that has access to every role in the game alongside druids and DKs if burning DKs use lifebinders flame to heal allies and burn enemies. (i personally don’t think DKs are getting a fourth spec but wouldn’t be adverse to it better than adding yet another OP class to the game and throwing the balance for a loop)

This.

These types of reveals are always part of the initial release and gameplay demo at blizzcon. This expansion looks to be very light on ANY changes and adding in a large change like new specs outiside of the blizzcon announcement would be a huge hail Mary for low preorders.

There will be no shaman tank(thank God), no healing DK, no glad spec, nothing fancy. We will have a new grind in leveling up covenent followers and we get limited time abilities.

1 Like

Why are you so against an extra spec? Are you assuming that they can’t fix a class and add a new spec at the same time?

A small portion of people feel that if they added a tank spec to shaman (I think its likely not gonna happen) that they will be “forced” to play the tank spec.

I mean prot warrior is really good but you dont see warriors crying that they “have” to play prot.

Their track record would indicate as much!

2 Likes

It’s pretty silly to think that the current or past issues with class tuning (and design) is anything more than a lack of dedication/motivation/care/whatever you wanna call it.

Seriously, everyone who says “they should focus on fixing classes first!” always misses that them adding a spec or class isn’t the reason why specs all suck to play. It’s not like some zero-sum, time limited thing, at least not entirely. Just look at what happened with Enhance’s changes that “had to wait for a patch” and ended up being just number changes.

It’s because they don’t consider class design to be important because none of you are willing to quit this game even when it sucks.

I believe you mean none of us* are willing to quit even when it sucks as here you are as well.

I would love to see a 4th earthwarden tank spec!
Let us put those shields to use, and use spells for defense and mitigation. Caster based tank hasn’t been done yet, so there’s your niche.

1 Like

You can’t block/parry/dodge while casting except specific scenarios. I wouldnt call instant casts as a caster based tank as dk/monk/pally already cover that.

does it look like this character’s been played since like a month into bfa

sweet anniversary mount bruv
haven’t logged in since i finished it either

plus getting to post garbage on the forums, that part’s almost worth the sub fee alone

i personally would like to see them bring back 2h shamans and earthwarden tanking would be an excellent way to do it, you need more damage for a fight? having trouble pushing damage in an M+ bring a 2h to it. Feeling a tad squishy on that mythic progression raid? bring a 1h shield to it! earthquake for an aggro AOE / slow earth armor / shields There is plenty of material to take advantage of.

1 Like

I’m all for a tank spec too and would gladly play it. That being said I don’t believe they’ll add it (else they’d have revealed it at blizzcon) and the idea of a DK healer is absolute nonsense.

Now, the ol’ lazy argument of “they should fix the class(es) before adding new specs!!1!11!” just misses the point in so many ways. First of all, people act as if balancing 36 specs was something trivial. Hell, for how hard this problem is, blizz does a great job except for some very specific outliers. People act as if the top spec doing 5% more dps than the second best in one specific situation is an absolute outrage; it is not, and it has been addressed accordingly. Besides, people complain about every single spec in the game, every forum has topics on “how X spec sucks / needs fixing” and a bunch of replies agreeing. There are posts in the Warrior forum complaining about Prot, ffs. There is absolutely no basis for a claim that “adding a fourth spec will make the balancing of the other specs derail” either, nor would it change the fact that people would complain anyway. If they added a shaman tank spec we’d have one more option for X in “pls fix X”.

What might be affected by it is the class fantasy, imo. Adding a 4th spec would somehow touch the other 3 in fantasy terms in one way or another and I’d hate to see abilities getting removed from Ele/Enh/Resto cause they’re “primarily tank’s”. I see where people who don’t want it are coming from with this. Nonetheless, imo this pruning wouldn’t happen.

Just stop mumbling about “hur dur balancing” like it’s a piece of cake or as if it had anything to do with the addition of a 4th spec.

4 Likes