Four Bag Slots Please

I’ve had an authenticator attached to my account for more than a decade. Please either remove the stupid requirement to have a phone number, or FIX YOUR SYSTEMS to let me enter my phone number.

Sorry you’re having trouble Perfide, but we’re not going to be able to change the requirements of this for you. In order to unlock the additional bag slots you need to have both the authenticator and Blizzard Phone Notifications enabled.

If you’re receiving an error message saying your Phone Number is Invalid then that means one of two things:

https://battle.net/support/article/202594

If your accounts country does not match the phone number you’re using then you will need to go through the process of updating your registered country.

If your country/phone number match, then the number you are using is registered as a Pre-Paid phone number which this service does not support.

5 Likes

Being belligerent won’t change their system as the blues here ain’t able to change anything because you want them to.

7 Likes

Maybe you need to remove the authenticator then re-add it in order for the system to properly recognize the situation.

Then you may wish to reach out to your mobile provider and discuss this with them. It’s possible the number has been recycled and was previously used for pre-paid/non-contract services resulting in it being registered as a pre-paid number.

Hopefully, if that is the case then they can do something to update it. But we’re not going to be able to make the changes you’re asking for.

8 Likes

Being nice didn’t work, asking politely didn’t work. What exactly am I supposed to do?

Make a Vulpera that comes with extra backpack slots as a racial bonus?

Otherwise, the phone number it categorized by the phone systems. When a number is created it is assigned a category. Pre-paid or non-contract numbers (burner phones) are not eligible for the Blizzard system. Blizzard does not control how those numbers are tagged.

To be fair, your local mobile office does not control it either. Sometimes those numbers that used to be pre-paid get assigned to real contract phones but the phone company can’t easily get that tag changed on it, even though the use of the number has changed.

So, Blizzard can’t change that and they are not removing the SMS text security requirement for it. All being mean does is get you removed from the forums.

8 Likes

Blizzard doesn’t control how the phone number system works. They’re not going to change their system because your number isn’t supported in their system. Making stuff up to try to win over others won’t work.

7 Likes

Blizzard has COMPLETE and 100% control over how their system works. It is , after all, their system. I’ve made nothing up. I’ve cited facts.

No, it says you need an Authenticator AND SMS Protect texting service. Two different things. This is how the Bag slots have always worked. It is an incentive to make sure your account is secure.

I am going to doubt this. Blizzard staff can’t see your password. They can only issue a password reset to your registered email which of course they can’t open or get into. Further, not only can’t they see passwords, they are encrypted with a salted hash function. Nobody can see your password!

No, it says you need an eligible phone number for the SMS Protect part - something you don’t currently have. Blizzard can’t change the tag information on your phone number. If it is tagged as a pre-paid or non-contract number then the system won’t accept it. Period.

EDIT - again, you can roll a Vulpera for extra bag slots.

8 Likes

I’m sorry Perfide, I don’t know how to make it any more clear.

In order to receive the additional bag slots, you must have both an Authenticator AND Phone Notifications enabled.

https://battle.net/support/article/000137430

We are not going to be able to provide you with the bag slots you are requesting because you do not currently meet the requirements to have them unlocked.

9 Likes

No, you have made perfidious statements - such as claiming Blizzard sold your password. That is not going to get you what you want.

8 Likes

It isn’t the best move trolling the most moderated forum here … you have been told the correct information

1 Like

SMS does not secure my account. It never has, and it never will. I can get SMS messages, but they won’t secure my account. Blizzard probably only wants my SMS for marketing reasons. It’s not for security.

As for my password, it is the only possible way that my account could have been compromised, it was well discussed in the forums when it happened, but those forums are gone now. And Blizzard can, with 100% certainty, see my password. I have to type it in to them to use their system. They see my password every single time I log in. Since I have an authenticator, there is a second password I need, which they also know. I have to use that second password to calculate a number based on the time of day, and then tell Blizzard the last six digits of that number to be able to authenticate. So Blizzard knows BOTH of my passwords.

Again, Blizzard has 100% control. Them telling me that my phone number is not acceptable is entirely a Blizzard problem. They need to fix their problems. I pay for this service, and I want to be treated like a paying customer.

Is this really the proverbial hill you want to die on? It’s four bag slots. The bags we have these days can be upwards of 34 slots. The 30 slots are super cheap, or can be made with minimal farming of mats.

It’s time, Elsa.

5 Likes

I’m going to go ahead and end this topic Perfide. I would suggest that you stop now before you lose the ability to post on the forums.

The problem you are having is not one that we can help you with.

• You would like to have 4 additional backpack slots unlocked but do not meet the requirements currently.
  • You cannot use Blizzard Phone Notifications because your current phone number is not supported.

Given these two facts, you will not be able to unlock the additional backpack slots and we will not be able to unlock them for you.

All players are held to the exact same requirements. I’m sorry if you feel that is unfair.

I wish you all the best going forward.

10 Likes