Forums are limiting my posts because they say I am a new user

I don’t know but I tried it 3 times and it says that I cannot post 3 comments in the same thread because I am a new user.

2 Likes

Post history is character-based, not account based. You’re a Kul Tiran, so unless you race changed your main the forums will treat you as a new user.

Trust levels? So being a good boy on the forums for 10+ years still puts me at trust level 0? And WTH is trust levels? How do you progress?

3 Likes

Anything you did on the old forums doesn’t count towards your trust level. Just stick around, make posts, get likes, read posts, and don’t violate any rules.

Here, I’ll get you started and give you a like.

1 Like

TRUST LEVEL 0

Trust level 0 users cannot:

Flag posts
Post more than 3 topics
Post more than 10 replies

TRUST LEVEL 1

Get to trust level 1 by…

Entering at least 5 topics
Reading at least 30 posts
Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 1 can…

Post unlimited topics and replies
Edit wiki posts (more on Wiki Posts Below)
Flag posts
Create links and video embeds to trusted websites like Blizzard websites, YouTube, or Twitch

TRUST LEVEL 2

Get to trust level 2 by…

Visiting at least 15 days, not sequentially
Casting at least 1 like
Receiving at least 1 like
Replying to at least 3 different topics
Entering at least 20 topics
Reading at least 100 posts
Spend a total of 60 minutes reading posts

Users at trust level 2 can…

Have an increased “like” count.

TRUST LEVEL 3

Get to trust level 3 by…

Must have visited at least 50% of last 100 days
Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 500 topics
Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 20,000 posts (both starting posts and replies)
Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.
Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
Must not have been suspended (including forum suspensions or in-game account actions of any Blizzard game)

Trust Level 3 users can

Create Wiki Posts (more on that below)
Post animated gifs, images, compatible video embeds, and links to any website
3 Likes

Unfortunately, the forum software doesn’t care how long you’ve been playing the game, just how long and how often you use and post on the forums. Here’s the info on trust levels, how you attain them and what permissions granted by each one.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/new-forum-guide-syntax-and-features/19903

Edited to add: Doh! Too slow. :stuck_out_tongue:

Forum trust levels are character-specific and your first day on the forums on any specific character sets you to 0, regardless of past history.

I race changed. This character has been around for years. I tried to reply to this and I get a message that says I have to wait until someone else replies.

That’s because it’s your own topic. It keeps people from bumping themselves for attention.

1 Like

This. It’s to prevent self-bumping, not because you’re a new user.

You just gotta wait a bit if you want to double post.

Is there a way to find out what trust level you are at?

Everything reset when they bought…errrr developed thier new forums.

But all I did was reply to yours. I would think that replying to a new post is not even close to what bumping is.

You just can’t post twice in a row on your own threads unless you use alt characters.

These forums are the new ones, atm you have only 7 post on these threads so for all sense and purpose you are new to these forums

1 Like

Not an intuitive way. Go to your forum profile page and add ‘.json’ to the end of it and hit enter. You’ll get a white page with a bunch of random text. Ctrl + F and search for “trust”. The highest number tied to that is your current Trust level. It displays like ‘trust_level_0’.

Your url would be:
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/u/Stormhammer-gurubashi.json
You are trust level 1.

It’s character-specific.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

Not sure if using alt characters would work because that would be stupid to allow that. Using trust levels or whatever per character is a moronic idea. It should all be account based. Why would they think that forum levels should be character specific? If I log onto an alt that should come with the same perks or limitations as my main. Because sometimes people like to swap to an alt to post on a class or race specific forum. It shouldn’t penalize them for using the correct class/race to respond to a post. We’ve all seen people try and dismiss a person’s comments simply because they say they do not have that class.

Anyway, I think like the game I might just be giving the forums the heave ho and go back to ignoring them. I use to only come to them when servers crashed or patches ran long. But if they going to have these idiotic rules I may just ignore them totally.

I think it’s just a side effect of allowing us to still post as our characters with the new forum tech instead of forcing us to use a singular BNET account to post from like the Overwatch forums.

It’s…

What Vivikaide said. Beat me to it

Everything seems to be character based. If I run out of likes for the day, I can hop onto an alt and get another set and keep giving hearts to posts that I appreciate. I actually like that feature and am very careful not to like something on more than one character, but it certainly has the potential for abuse.