Forum "trust level"

I wonder why they suddenly felt the need to “fix” it last week…

Oh well. I still have it on this avatar at least.

might be to do with upcoming beta forum access?

2 Likes

Who knows how the wheels of forum maint work. It could have been something they put in a request for long ago and it finally got to the top of the queue? Might be someone in charge was not aware of the issue?

:dracthyr_shrug: :dracthyr_tea:

boo.

let me start just ONE conspiracy?

:sob:

Ok thank you very much and thanks for the link. I will definitely read up on that. One question though if I may ask you, I notice you have MVP under your name. How does a player obtain MVP status or is that not available as a player status?

I am not sure they can anymore, really. There have been a few MVP programs over the years.

• Tech Support/Customer Support. Those folks frequently provide help to other players with tech issues, common problems, navigating the Support system, answering policy questions, explaining services, explaining basic game functions, explaining Battlenet functions, etc. Those are selected by the lead of the TS/CS MVP program based on their long term forum contributions.
  • Community MVPs. WoW, Starcraft, and Diablo 3 had Community forum MVPs selected by the Community Managers. The last round for WoW in 2018, they did take applications. They are people who are generally friendly and constructive on the forums. They are not game MVPs or something.

There are also a few specialized MVPs floating around such as the API forum, UI/Macros, etc. Those would have been selected for their long term work in those areas and willingness to help other players, such as the maker of DBM, a very popular group content raid/dungeon addon.

Those programs are pretty much mothballed now though. The shift to streams, youtube videos, etc is pretty large. That is where most of the “influencers” are now.

The WoW Community MVP program has not selected any members since 2018. The TS/CS program got the last MVP in 2019. D3 and SC have not had new MVPs in way way longer. Those programs are totally mothballed. I am the last of the D3 forum MVPs

You can read the official Blizzard Community MVP FAQ in the pinned welcome thread at the top of General Discussion. Scroll down until you get to the MVP part.

Most of the greens you see now, are TS/CS MVPs.

3 Likes

How about eggo do you think no one would let go :thinking:?

Thank you. I will certainly read that article on MVP’s. Seems to bad Blizzard stopped recruiting them. The only MVP I actually had a text with on forums is you and from what I see your role is very valuable with help and information, along with the quickness in response time. To me it seems to be an important role, and I thank you for a job well done! :hugs:

2 Likes

Test

Edit: interesting!! I couldn’t do this yesterday. So apparently you get a day you can post links and the rest :no_entry_sign:

:see_no_evil::hear_no_evil::speak_no_evil:

1 Like

4 months later

Basic User tl1
Member tl2
Regular tl3

good.

outside of cs and tech, it’s not really needed.

…and that last intake was probably the worst thing to ever happen to the MVP program.

People already had a bad view of mvp’s.
some of the new inductees made that so so so so so much worse. :expressionless:

1 Like

Was also an experiment for the WoW Community MVP program. It was the first time they took applications for the MVP program, instead of selecting people who were already helping others on the forums.

I don’t know what Blizzard thought of that model. They don’t have any more new Community MVPs so I guess it does not apply. They did create the Community Council which is used applications, but they are not there to interact with the forums specifically.

There are other things you bring up that I can’t discuss.

1 Like

How do you catch a unique rabbit?

Unique up on it.

1 Like

How do you catch a tame rabbit?

The tame way

1 Like

yah i probably shouldn’t have put that line in there.

i’ll be a good little rabbit and go edit it. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

My trust level reads, “Barely Tolerable” I think I found my next guild name.

Interesting. Mine is down to level 2 from level 3 despite not having any, hmm, ‘run-ins with the authorities’ lately. I guess this is why I’ve had trouble posting links lately. Well, that sucks.

It can time out from not reading / interacting with enough posts.

I think I’ve only seen one thread of yours in the last 2 weeks? I think?

3 Likes

the more drivel you post on the forums the brighter color armband you have. Maybe its the yellow badge situation all over again.

Mine should read ‘Trash panda’

For me it’s:

TL1: Oh hey this place seems cool, I can talk to people about WoW
TL2: Umm what is going on here…
TL3: I embrace the anarchy. I AM the anarchy.

2 Likes