Forum Question (Probably dumb question)

So, the characters you pick on these forums, does it only display achievements that this specific character you have active?

And is there a way to make it an account wide achievements earned? I don’t really see an option to enable it in any of the settings, but I might also be blind.

It’s a dumb silly thing to be concerned about, but it’s just something I’ve noticed after a while, and got curious about.

I think there is a setting, but I think that that is the default state (displaying just character achievements.

I think it might be in game (correct me if I’m wrong)

I’m afraid that as far as I’m aware it only displays the achievement points for the posting character. However, I’d recommend checking in the Achievements forum; I’m sure someone there will have figured it out if it’s possible to show account-wide.

That’s sort of what I expected, ah well. Doesn’t seem to be, thanks for the replies.

don’t worry after 10 or so years I finally hit 10k.

Here’s my dumb forum question.

Why is there a “hyperlink” button if it then says “sorry, you can’t include links in your posts” ???

SHONKY (comparative shonkier, superlative shonkiest)
(Australia, New Zealand, Britain, informal) Of poor or dubious quality, shoddy, unreliable; deviously dishonest, fraudulent.

The achievement points listed on your post are only for that character. However when you go into view profile and view the characters achievements, unless you’ve specifically hid them in your in game character settings are for all of your achievements account wide.

Because your character hasn’t achieved the forum trust levels necessary. See below linked forum sticky.

Mine is bugged, My overall is about 19k and this character should be around 2 k. So its not always your fault if the achieves are not displayed right

Thanks. I just read what getting to trust level 3 entails. LOL! You basically have to spend your life here to post a link. Who would be hitting this except Blizzard employees?

TRUST LEVEL 3

Get to trust level 3 by…

• Must have visited at least 50% of last 100 days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 500 topics
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 20,000 posts (both starting posts and replies)

There are ways around it if you read further… You can use a tilde (the key next to the 1 key on your keyboard) put it before and after a link and you’ll get the following

imgur.com

Which can be copy and pasted… Also I have trust level 3 as an FYI

1 Like

Not really. I visit the forums daily, yes, but for ten minutes here and there, maybe a half hour if I am involved in a discussion.

I am just shy of trust level three. It really doesn’t take much effort.

What it does take is time, which (like all things Blizzard and WoW) has a sweet spot for effort vs. reward. If you try to force trust level three, it becomes insane and you can spend hours just scrolling through threads for no reason.

By the way, the off-topic forums have no restriction on posting YouTube links (except perhaps trust level one, which is almost automatic for any user), and I have no problem posting YouTube links out here at trust level two.

What trust level three adds is the ability to post links from anywhere. So, the better answer to your original question is, “because you can post links, just not from anywhere.”

Oh hey, thanks. That’s a cool method. I guess that’s all you need!

Fair enough. I guess I’m just surprised because I had thought of myself as fairly active on the forums, and yet I’d not even be close to hitting that.

Especially considering “must have viewed 500 topics” would be pretty hard when it’s consistently the same 5-10 threads on the main page… at least that’s what it feels like. (I actually wish they’d be time capped, or otherwise max out like they used to.)

1 Like

Yeah, I hear you. I spend a fair amount of time in the off-topic forums as well as lurking in customer service and tech support for both knowledge and lulz (seriously, lurk CS, it can be hilarious) so things stay kinda fresh when I spend my fifteen minutes or half hour here.

1 Like

Yeah, I really should explore more of the other forums. I actually do want to post more and discuss more meaningful stuff (rather than just reading the usual trollolol everthing sucks), it’s just I barely even get time to play!

1 Like

It’s accountwide unless you change it in game to show only character specific.