Fortified - Teeming - Quaking

What a crappy week. Maybe I’ll shadow it up.

It was fixed already.

Our group only runs one melee, so it’s actually not gonna be a big issue for us.

We were running Bear/mw, but after the last quaking week the healer and I decided to swap roles. We’re now Brew/Resto, and go figure, it’s way easier. We won’t get gimped by bad quake timings anymore lol.

I honestly wouldn’t mind quaking only if it happens in combat. Having it happen outside of combat is what pisses a lot of people off.

Especially if you just want to eat to get back health / mana and it gets interrupted.

4 Likes

It always starts 5 seconds into a res or a food buff for me. Super annoying

What? lol.

2 Likes

What do you mean what? Its been nerfed in case you missed it. So, I said it wasnt as good as season 2, which is true.

What? lol.

Sorry i must have mis calculated the gap between outlaw damage and others, because last i seen the damage was still most certainly there.

2 Likes

Thanks for your input.

I generally run with an ex guildie who is a tank but i run stonebark for teeming, way to much dmg, need the extra iron bark for sure, i only run 14+ keys now so it’s massive damage

This is definitely a carry sales week. The pure amount of HP you have to chew through in dungeons is ridiculous, some pulls are absolute cancer, and quaking is the most obnoxious affix in the game.

Pull in front of priestess in AD with the anti-CC emissary is a great example

Count down how many seconds until your party goes splat from the augur fiery enchant spell or your tank gets his face smashed from the sheer amount of trash damage + quaking

2 Likes

I averaged 63k on that pull yesterday. Fun times.

I think this notion that M+ is unapproachable for new players is simply not true. It is easier to gear up through M+ than Heroic/Mythic raiding or PvP. I have three characters near 440 ilvl and I am not a high end player.

If you are having trouble pushing +15 keys this week, I can’t help you with that. The highest keys I have run on time is a +12. But I only run with pugs.

1 Like

This 100% this is probably the easiest week to get in the real big pulls. Nearly 2 chested a 15 FH pulled about 3 packs at a time I used my big CDs and I was pumping out maybe 55-60k dps while 2 rogues did near 100k and then our boomie lacked in aoe at around 45 but he popped off on bosses so it was a good exchange. The affixes were a non issue since we downed the packs without too many quakes going off

This has been a pretty fun week. I usually don’t like fort weeks and quaking IS super annoying, but it’s nice not to have a pacing affix (necrotic, bolstering, bursting) for once.

Right?! This is such a nice week because you don’t have annoying affixes like bursting or necrotic slowing you down, so you can pull big and do nutty dps. And bosses are an absolute joke with this affix combo.

The only easier combo is tyrannical/raging/volcanic, and I’m sure somebody will be complaining about it when that week rolls around again.

1 Like

I agree with this. Keys from 1-6 are a laughable joke if the 4 affix isn’t bursting (nearly impossible to avoid wipes when everything dies on first contact). If we’re using 15+ as the measure of unapproachable, that’s what I would call by design.

The obsession with the key levels will always be lost on me. People should be more comfortable with their individual progression.

1 Like

Yes! And I agree with the second part where someone might complain about raging and volcanic lol…there’s always that one person who isn’t happy. But yeah, this is a fun week to pull large :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Guys…the true effects of these affixes aren’t seen until you get into high keys.

Yeah, +15s are still easy, you can pull big and nuke stuff down, sure.

Try that in a +19 or +20 this week, good luck.

Fort+Teeming = a ridiculous amount of HP you have to chew through in the dungeon and also quite a few pulls that are absolutely terrible.

Quaking = Unavoidable damage that, if it comes at the right time, will simply cause you to die. Try a +20 FH this week and see what happens when you get powder shotted into a quaking.

Look at the top timed keys this week compared to last, it’s almost universally two key levels lower than other weeks. This affix combo is maybe the worst we’ve had this season.

2 Likes