Forsaken interest check

Anti-Calia Forsaken and/or Calia investigation group.

There was a bit of a hype in the weeks after the new Desolate Council patch that interest in something like this for a RP guild could take off. I am wondering if there might be an interest in something like this now, or if it’s something you can’t really make meaningful RP around?

The only possible thing i can think of are guild events where we investigate aspects of Calia’s past life, make discoveries of the light, and host public speeches that criticizes her as new information and events after Dragonflight comes out.

Is this anti-Calia sentiment more at home as a silent inner monolog that could be brought up by individuals in RP when the subject comes up? Or can something actually be centered around and built upon such skepticism of Calia so as to be an alternative to other Forsaken guild RP?

1 Like

Sarestha Ravelle has dedicated herself to the service of Calia, after Calia spearheaded the reclamation of Lordaeron, helping the apothecaries to complete their work. In fact, after the timeskip, Sarestha’s going to start referring to herself as the Pallid Disciple.

So maybe I can be an ideological adversary :stuck_out_tongue:

Also Seranta is gonna rip up what’s left of my forsaken card I just know it.

1 Like

Nos might get destroyed by the oratory skills of Sarestha, but it is more fun to go against the establishment with someone to to debate with.

I haven’t gotten much feedback on this yet, which is an indication in of itself. Maybe Nos will have to go it alone like in Cata.

Although this time he might have the Pallid Disciple to watch out for.

1 Like

I keep wanting to do an undead, for ages now I have had the idea for an undead Gilnean that was put to death by the gilneans for being a witch. Tortured in typical purtanical witch hunter fashion, bound and thrown into Keel Harbour. And then raised up by Sylvannas when she sacked the city.

But I can never decide on a class. Warlock always seemed like the right choice, because of it’s rather curse-witchy Affliction spec, but she doesn’t necessarily have to be that anymore. Like she could have given up magic or something. Or maybe she decided to follow the cult of the shadow, even though I don’t really care for Spriest anymore.

1 Like

Hmm, is she angry at those who condemned her and killed her? Her suffering at the end might stick with her in the new beginning.

Did death rob her of some of her talents in witchcraft? Not all Forsaken can be what they were in life, and sometimes unlife lets them be that which they could never have been in life.

What motivates her to continue this new state of existence? So many reasons a person chooses to stay undead and even reasons to love it more.

Without knowing the answers to these questions, I’m of the opinion that a Rogue might be best suited for her. The sound of a blade slicing flesh can be the new incantations of spells. The use of shadows can be the magic she excels. The cauldron shall be repurposed for poisons rather than potions.

The Gilneans are returning home and rebuilding. Do they deserve to reclaim what they lost? Perhaps you can be the ghost of their past sins.

1 Like

All good questions!

I would imagine she isn’t the most happy person in regards to the Gilneans. Probably was happy when she had learned that the city had fallen. Sylvannas I think just raised the dead for canon fodder during the end fight, so her loyalty wasn’t very strong and probably despised the Banshee for leaving her to wander aimlessly in the city.
I could imagine her living in the city for sometime after the Horde had withdrew, trying to practice her craft and maybe finding her power gone or changed (I do like the rogue idea), and then figuring out what she could still do and testing her powers on the random zombies still wandering about.

Edit: So I made an rogue, because I like the idea of her switching to shadowy magic with poisons and potions. Her name’s Jennalily.

1 Like

If Jennalily happens to take a break from death dealing, perhaps she might find herself in the Sepulcher when a Forsaken Talks is being held again. A former Gilnean could have a different perspective than other Forsaken present.

1 Like

After playing with rogue for a bit as undead, I decided the animations bugged me too much and just made her a mage instead. Same ideas, just her magic faded and she can’t do curses and hexes like she could.