Forsaken: Are you glad to be home?

I am only confused by Orgrimmar.

1 Like

I always hated Orgrimaars layout. It’s really disorientating. Undercity on the other hand, is really easy to find stuff in once you’re used to the layout of the place.

Plus I love the creepy vibe of Undercity :wolf:

7 Likes

I think the recent developments are mostly fine. I don’t particularly like Calia or Voss, but I don’t really find anything that happened recently to be negative. I think a council is honestly kind of overplayed now. We have a dang council of the Horde and now another council in Undercity. It’s just councils all the way down. We get it, Democracy and freedom and yadda yadda. I also don’t like that we’ve involved Maldraxxus in this. I feel like this is something they came up with after reading the forums for 5 minutes and decided to toss it in. I don’t think the realm of death should be helping the realm of life at all. That’s what I find most objectionable.

Personally speaking I think it would be a lot more fitting and poetic after the Scourge, and especially after Sylvanas, that Forsaken have no central leadership. It should be an anarchical society. If any society would be capable of such a thing, it would be undead zombies.

An alternative to reclaiming Lordaeron would be if Forsaken took and commandeered a Necropolis and used it as their new city. That’d be sick, but far too much work for Blizz I suppose.

Or the forsaken turn the Undercity in to a necropolis, and than laugh at the alliance should they try to reclaim Capital City. Sort of like Haha!! You can have it suckers, we got the only part that matters to fly! :stuck_out_tongue:

Or maybe you don’t talk about a quest series until more people have played it, perhaps?

Or maybe don’t read the forums until you done the quest.

3 Likes

Glad to be going back to UC. Still not a fan of Calia or Derek. A bright / pale / light worshiping “by the light” and “for the light” character is jarring and doesnt feel like it fits with the general forsaken theme. If she faded into obscurity I would be happy. Dereks biggest identifier being his sister Jaina makes me not trust or like him.

On the Calia thing where did she say that? not disagreeing just curious about the source. I’m confused by her claiming she doesn’t want to lead but making an agreement to give up land to a foreign faction. An Alliance faction. I agree with giving up gilneas back to the worgens and hopefully blizz re does their city for them, but would be annoyed if Calia made that decision on her own.

Honestly, I wouldnt mind. Have them take the Undercity and leave a crater which the Alliance can later fix up(see the Alliance Park District). Hell, just leave Lordearon period and go take Northrend for all I care, the Alliance can figure out how to fix up the rest of Lordearon.

1 Like

Tentatively yes.

That Lordaeron quest had several things I’d explicitly asked for and I’m hopeful a range of leaders could help cover the Forsaken a lot better.

But my main worry is the story will leave Tirisfal like this until after the Dragonflight expansion if not later. This is certainly a great start. But I’m not going to be thrilled if it doesn’t end or even just get to the middle until like 2026

1 Like

She said it on an alliance-only side of the quest.

Forsaken shouldn’t trust a Menethil.

4 Likes

Controversial opinion on nelves: lets wait and see if Danusers writing in 10.0 is good.

I’m willing to wait for proof he can write that ‘side’ of the lore well, since it’s so different from the lore he seems to partake in like Forsaken and such. I’m more annoyed with what they chose to do now, than I am at the prospect of being ignored for a while. With how closely tied NEs are to dragons outside the MMOs writing I feel if he can do them semi right it’ll be okay. (Tho im ngl the lore he wrote for Dragon Visages has continuity errors… don’t think he realized the implications of ‘visage day’ if you apply it to characters like Korialstrasz…)

2 Likes

She says she’ll float the idea of having the Forsaken pull back from Gilneas at the next meeting.

Which is news to me. Particularly because they just said the place was Blighted in the Sylvanas novel. Because Gilneas is Schrodinger’s Zone, simultaneously destroyed, conquered and abandoned.

The Forsaken never wanted Gilneas in the first place. They were strong armed into it by Garrosh. And until that letter nobody knew the Forsaken occupied it, and they probably won’t next time it’s mentioned as again it’s status is a field of quantum theory.

6 Likes

Over the last number of years there have been multiple times when we have been told to wait. They had a master plan that would tie everything together and it would be awesome. We would love it. Then, it either never materialized, or if it did, it was lackluster. The wait will be worth it if the pay off is spectacular. I hope that both the Forsaken and the Night Elves get jaw dropping new capitals. We’ve both been through a lot over the last number of years.
edit: typo

3 Likes

I have no doubt about it for the Forsaken. At the very least, despite the fact there are a lot of points on how their characters were written poorly, I get the impression that blizzard still LIKES the Forsaken, and a good chunk of them seem to be people who outright are just Forsaken players. I think the catering to them is prolly gonna continue. I do not doubt they’ll get their city, even if I think the better lore is to play into how limited the Forsaken are now and how difficult it will be politically to keep Lordaeron to themselves without a major ability that allowed them to expand in Cata. To be honest, until we see more skill in writing OTHER STUFF, I think they can just focus on the undead. Dragon Isles is the good testing spot. My only concern is that Danusers only current dragon lore is “Visage Day” which has… really morally bad implications if you try to think about the pre-established characters like Krasus. Cause I don’t think he wants to… imply certain immoral things about Alexstrazsa. But y’know… high elves didn’t exist pre-Sundering and Krasus was already her consort by then… and it’s a form you pick when you come of age… they really needed someone to stop and think about that LOL.

1 Like

There’s an existing explanation for that particular case; Korialstrasz has used multiple mortal guises, sometimes during the same era, as in the case of Krasus and Borel. Just because a dragon has a visage they use most often doesn’t mean that they can’t shapeshift into a different mortal form if they need to.

2 Likes

But that makes Visages seem kinda redundant. He never actually used his real ‘visage’ form in any established lore. His most fleshed out identity leading a kingdom of humanity with ties to many races wasn’t the form he chose to interact with mortals with per their customs.

The way I have taken to reading it is the Forsaken have kept troops stationed at the ruins of the Graymane wall and along the coast, effectively blockading any effort to reclaim the area… which is thus a largely unoccupied, blighted ruin. That would be fairly easy to do resource and manpower wise, compared to a true occupation.

So in that reading, the Forsaken would just end their blockade. I could see some logic in them being hesitant at giving the Gilneans back the area, as it be a staging ground for the more bloody minded among them to lash out at the heartlands of the the Forsaken.

2 Likes

Around MoP we were told by devs that while Gilneas is blighted there are pockets safe enough to visit and travel through.
Also in the book in before the storm Genn says that Gilneas is blighted and a ruined kingdom, and now home to the forsaken. I’m more surprised the forsaken held onto it after BFA.

1 Like

They’re redoing aboveground. There’re new rooms that are sealed off. Some of the towers are larger, too.