Forgotten Gryphon/player

I think it is extremely unfair for those of us who leveled to 70 and found out about the Forgotten Gryphon after reaching 70. Now it is impossible to tame for my main until next expac?

I am VERY angry and believe this to be INCREDIBLY unfair. I camped it for 10 hours only to find it’s not tameable at level 70; despite the fact that, I had purchased the feathermane book from trueshot lodge. And sat there staring at nothing for most of my day.

This is just as bad as the 1k’ish runs I had to do at the plague pools for the plague pack from Oily Invertebrate. But at least with enough persistence and dedication I was able to obtain that. I cannot currently obtain this for another 2 years (ish)?

Please fix this. Really thought blizzard was changing for the better.

4 Likes

Respawned 2 hours later: I was alone, the mob was unaggroed by anyone else and whether I attacked or simply started taming the screen flashed the red warning saying: “Elite creature is too high for you to tame”. Which is contrary to what the comments say on wowhead’s post: Forgotten Gryphon - NPC - World of Warcraft (wowhead.com).

I did; however, submit the below screenshot as a screenshot to wowhead so other hunter’s dont falsely get their hopes up.

Edit : Learned how to use imgur just to show this:

The issue I have been having is you’re supposed to be able to tame it while leveling as mobs stay at a lower level right after leveling. However, every time I jump one level than went to go tame the Gryphon it was one level higher both times.

As anyone been able to tame the Gryphon in last few days. Otherwise I believe Blizzard hot fixed it that way hunters couldn’t grief other players who want the achievement.

I wonder if we can level sync and try to tame it like they are doing with that blue snail rare.

Apparently alts that skip and unlock world quests can’t tame him due to it making him a higher level.

Ontop of being feathermane some people are claiming you need undead taming as well as feathermane but ive never heard of a tame requiring two. Would be cool to get dual species pets.
Tbh this whole thing blows, i rerolled to my hunter to miss this chance and not realize it, this hunter was my first toon made in late 2004… im not making another one to just tame a gryphon also wtb new updated wyvern models.

I have to agree, it is a bit unfair for those who leveled, went back to tame it and now can’t. I never seen him while I was leveling. If I would have known, I would have gotten him.

Still upset about this blizz…

1 Like

Any updates on the forgotten gryphon being tamable?

Imgur

ANother dumb bug annoying customers, amazing.

can you try party-sync with a lower level player?

i tried taming this at 68 and it wouldn’t let me tame it… so i don’t know what level a player needs to be to tame it.

The players I’ve seen with it on wowhead said they were in the 64-67 range. I have seen reports on wowhead and petopia claiming to be able to do it as a freshly leveled 68 or 70 but I haven’t seen those claims substantiated.

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur