Forge of origination

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/392758838891380736/634179611344764970/79ea867200e139f60f93230996ea162e.png

apparently the amathet damaged it, i also believe this is the same forge wrathion wanted to use, and azeroth is killing stuff inside it with azerite spikes

2 Likes

Keep in mind we damaged it first to stop the Twilight’s Hammer from activating it. They were likely trying to repair it with out the manual.

2 Likes

this is why you should always keep the manual

6 Likes

The Forge of Origination is supposed to be activated by the Titans themselves! The Amathet wish to fulfill the will of the Titans.

Since the Titans are keeping Sargeras eternally bound the Amathet permanently shut down the Forge of Origination since the only ones messing with it wouldn’t be the Titans.

The Amathet of course plan to become one with the Titans starting with Azeroth herself.

1 Like

If twilights hammer was trying to activate then is wrathion unwittingly doing what the old gods want anyway

Of course it is what the Old Gods want! N’Zoth already left Azeroth for Ny’alotha so he is out of the Forge of Origination’s reach!

If the Forge of Origination is activated then the Hour of Twilight happens and N’Zoth can merge reality with Ny’alotha without incident from our side!

The Void Lords want a universe like Ny’alotha and not an End Time! They seek to consume the physical plane to feed their hunger and replace it with a realm of Shadow where they are served by cultists making sacrifices eternally!

1 Like

When you say left do you mean physically moved as i dont think the old gods can move.

He is physically in Ny’alotha. How he did it is beyond me yet it seems to have happened!

1 Like

Sure that isnt some kind of dimensional overlap? I mean the last time an old god moved they left a massive wound.

1 Like

Ripping an Old God right out of the ground it has a death grip on would cause a wound but that same Old God teleporting itself without ripping the Planet’s crust out would be quite different.

At most it would cause a bruise. There would be no bleeding out like what happened with Y’Shaarj!

1 Like

According to wiki it is another dimension not a true physical location always on azeroth. So he may have not gotten up and moved.

I think the answer is that back then Nzoth would have been protected by his prison, so he would have killed off everything else on the planet and with nobody to restart life eventually break free and win by default.

As for Wraithion I think the answer is he wants to unleash a controlled reorganization burst that either locally targets Nzoth or maybe uses level of old god corruption as a vector for what to and to not reoriginate.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that go as badly as it did for the Lone Wanderer sticking the modified FEV canister into the water purifier? Everybody has a little piece of old god in them, even Wrathion apparently.

You know, something occurs to me. Bit of a crazy theory.

The potential future we visit on Mechagon Island shows the possible outcome if King Mechagon fires off his Curse of Flesh-removing device. That outcome being that only the most extensively modified mechagnomes survive, while everything else has the flesh painfully disintegrated from its bones. The NPC’s all act like the machine was somehow faulty, but what if it wasn’t? Sure, it doesn’t mechanize all life the way the king meant it to, but the specific results come across as pretty darned similar to what one would expect of the Forge of Origination being activated.

I.e. an energy pulse is put out that eradicates the flesh of any living thing within range that isn’t already primarily mechanical. Which would mean anything that isn’t titan-forged or similarly mechanized - plants, animals, Old Gods and their minions - getting sterilized from the planet. Makes me wonder if maybe by trying to build a machine to reverse the Curse of Flesh, likely based upon whatever titan machinery and data Mimiron had originally stored there, King Mechagon might have inadvertently built his own miniaturized Forge of Origination instead.

Kinda makes me wonder…if the Forge proves to be too heavily damaged to operate (or too gigantic to move to suitable location), might Wrathion come around to investigating the viability of using Mechagon’s device instead? For all intents and purposes, the robot-overrun future shown to us by Chromie looks an awful lot like what one might expect a post-Reorigination Azeroth to look like, with all organic life exterminated and only the titans’ own machine life still around to rebuild.

After all, consider the locations previewed to be under attack in 8.3. Uldum contains a device made to eradicate all life, while the machinery under the Vale of Eternal Blossoms enabled the mogu to reverse the Curse of Flesh in themselves. Seems like N’zoth is particularly focused upon eliminating any mechanisms he knows can potentially remove his influence, yet I’ve seen no indication that he’s set his eyes on the device in Mechagon City, even though it’s apparently capable of eradicating organic life as well - and for all their otherworldly power, the Old Gods are physically flesh and blood.

Moreover, the very introduction quests to Mechagon Island revealed that Mechagon’s machinery is capable of target-filtering specific races for preservation while exterminating others. Perhaps it could be adjusted to specifically sterilize all Old God flesh from an affected area while sparing everything else. It’s the sort of “setting” one wouldn’t expect the Forge in Uldum to have, since it’s explicitly designed to purge Azeroth of all corruptible life indiscriminately as a last resort, but the Mechagnomes seemed to have built just such a discretionary limiter into their technology to keep outsiders from finding Mechagon Island.

1 Like

Well that would at least make Mechagon fit into the story instead of being a random side adventure.

Keep in mind, the Forge doesn’t have to wipe out the whole planet when it’s used either, I think it’s just “Destroy all life withing a certain radius” that can include Azeroth. This is because of the Tol’vir’s use of it back when the Mogu and Zandalari attempted to make a move on Uldum, which is the explanation as to why it’s a desert instead of a jungle.

A bit off topic, but it seems that there was originally no natural deserts on Azeroth, but the ones we know have all been artificially created through one means or another.

2 Likes

Well Tanaris, Uldum, the Barrens, Desolace, the Blasted Lands, and Durotar are all results of the Sundering, the Dark Portal, Forges of Origination, and Elemental/Cenarion love, so yeah. There are no natural deserts on Azeroth.

Imagine that.

Potentially the Badlands might me considered a naturally occurring desert, since I don’t think they’ve been explicitly attributed to the destruction caused by Ragnaros’ emergence outside of the old RPG books, which aren’t really canon any more.

Pretty sure it’s also not really explained if Silithus is a desert because of C’thun or the silithid being there, or if it was already one to begin with back when the Old God was imprisoned.

I forgot the badlands, but isn’t it stated that everything on Southern Kalimdor was a Stranglethorn like jungle pre-sundering? I just assume Silithus is included with Tanaris and Uldum, given the proximity and Feralas being right next door.