Forearm Muscle Tenderness from Healing a Lot

If you’ve played hockey a lot, sometimes for a few hours on a daily basis, you might have ended up with an elbow problem! This I have had on occasion, and even after not playing hockey for years, the pain would come back sometimes. But now, after healing tons of dungeons the last few weeks, I’ve got a sore, tired muscle and tenderness there. If you’ve done any serious weight training, you may have developed rotator cuff trouble–this I have had as well. And the pain and fatigue that come on really fast?! Not sure what else you can do once you get to this state but stretch, rest and massage the tender area.

Any thoughts on how to speed the recovery would be helpful.

dude, are you looking for medical tips in a wow forum?

I weight train. Ive been having some issues with my left forarm but im thinking thats more gym then gaming.

I read once that tendons dont heal like muscles etc. You could stop what your doing, come back in a year and still have that issue apparently. From what i understand you’re supposed to thrash the area in the gym, pull ups, bar curls and force the tendons to heal by over use. Sounds anti logic doesnt it haha.

I do know i kept doing gym working around the area and its starting to feel better

I havn’t developed any of those.

…I have developed eyestrain tho. They hurt after continually playing 5 hrs of m+, and I need to take a break for 2 hrs at least.

2 Likes

have you tried whisky? eyes wont be straining so much then, more blinking

2 Likes

You should go see a doctor right away! Tell them healing people is making your elbow hurt!

1 Like

Try casting Holy Word: Serenity on yourself.
Or try a different setup with a more ergonomic mouse, keyboard, chair and better macros or add-ons that don’t require whatever is causing you the strain. I use Healbot and mouseover macros and don’t have arm/wrist issues. Just my tush gets sore after sitting too long :rofl:

1 Like

Ice or heat.

Thanks all for your thoughts. I posed the same question on Facebook and got a surprising ton of responses from people I’ve gone to school, played sports, and worked with. Go figure.

I can still work out, cycle and watch Netflix. It looks like I need a break from healing for more than 8 hours a day–which I had been doing. Just gonna do my dailies and ten 15+ keys a week for the vault on my main, and no alts.

If only my main, a disc priest, could heal me, lol. Then I’d be set.

Rest. After you’ve recovered, keep as much as your arm and wrist lying on a surface as possible to minimize movement when you do play. Turning up mouse sensitivity can help with this too.

1 Like

Your arms are metal. Just get new ones.

Wrist is finally good enough to heal again. But I am going to minimize my healing this week. Thanks again for your contributions.

1 Like

I am speaking from experience. Very painful experience from factory work, really awful ergonomics in computer office work, and overplaying PC games. This problem will only get seriously worse and not better unless you take care of this now.

Stop playing the game. Go see a doctor.
Get a referral to physical therapist.

1 Like

Man I have developed the same issue. SOmetimes not even 2-3 hours before it starts hurting. Any solution besides taking breaks? or are we just getting old :cry:

Do you have a blue light cut monitor, or blue light filter over top your monitor? I have both, and never get the slightest eyestrain. I would add though that I run 4k on a 50 inch monitor–well worth it in my view.

In other words,
a. Maybe you need more resolution.
b. Maybe you need larger images.
c. Maybe you need to cut down on harmful light like blue light.

No, my monitor is very cheap. Yes, I need to invest on good monitor.