Forcing to change Covenants - 9.05

As an Arcane Mage it seems like NFae won’t be topping chart for thespec in any situation, with Necro taking charge of Cleave/AoE and Venthir being the solo possibility for single.

It’s my impression that Blizz is trying to balance out and fix the specwith covenants, disregarding all the effort done up til now on our currewnt Covenant.

Either we can evolve with all Covenants and have a way to change them on demand or please work in improving the spec instead of forcing a lot of Anima grind on people who do not want to.

2 Likes

People said that covenant was a bad idea since the beginning for a reason.

1 Like

Yup, the issue has always been that if they can’t make a covenant best for all specs on a class, with different soulbinds being best for each spec - then it’s a broken system in most peoples eyes. Nobody wants to switch, and too many people multi-spec.

And if they do achieve those things, they’ve also basically removed any choice.

The only solution has always been obvious - pull the ripcord and allow us to change, just like specs. They know it. We know it. And round and round we go, with them probably wasting another year before finally allowing it.

Just like essences and corruption. They stick their head in the sand every time, and eventually implement what the community suggested from the start.

4 Likes

Working as intended… The more you swap covenants the more time you put into the game to get caught up. Time played metrics strikes again! Play your covenant based on aesthetic and you’ll be much happier in the long run. Otherwise you’re just on Ion’s hamster wheel…

1 Like

I’m actually conflicted on whether or not NF will be significantly lower for Arcane. While in a raiding scenario I can definitely see it, but in M+ the CDR is pretty valuable. I mean you already have AP on a 2 minute CD now w/o NF CDR. With the CDR you get Orb/ToTM back for nearly every trash pack. On top of that the CDR for RoP as well. Since Fire will likely still be ahead of Arcane, I personally won’t be switching. From a raid standpoint I do see the other covenants edging out, but in an M+ setting I’m not so sure.

Aside from all of that, I do agree, these changes came way too late. I feel really bad for people who prefer Arcane->Frost->Fire . . . and potentially started as Venthyr for Frost had to change to NF, now Frost is in a decent position, meaning that to be optimal they need to switch back to Venthyr (and might have to avoid Fire) . . . but now that Arcane might stand a chance with covenant buffs, is considering something like Necrolord. While I realize it’s probably a minute group that applies to, it is still a possibility.

The best answer to this is to only switch covenants if it’s something you actually want to play. Otherwise, it sends the message that Blizz can alter game balance significantly via covenants, which to me is a much worse scenario than simply tuning specs.

There’s nothing wrong with making some covenants worth more to some specs, such as Venthyr Arcane. But I don’t think people should jump to Venthyr en masse.

1 Like

Mirrors rework on Arcane’s Venthyr ability isn’t to make it switch over, it’s more to give Venthyr mages better options for their offspec if they offspec to Arcane.

1 Like