Force the game to IPv6

Is there a way to force the game to always use IPv6 protocol?
I am having high world ms (like 600ms) issues with IPv4. So i turned on the option “Enable IPv6 when available” and it fixes the problem.
However when I join high populated instances like warfront or raids, the game changes back to IPv4 automaticaly, and the lag comes back.
So there is my question: Is there a way to always enable IPv6 protocol? I want the game to run only under IPv6.
Thanks.

1 Like

Hello Dezivh!

The :link:IPv6 standard is something your ISP is responsible for providing. IPv6 is mainly in use on cellular networks at the moment, but implementation has been ramping up among major ISPs over the past few years especially.

You can test if your ISP is offering IPv6 functionality here (this is a third-party site):

:link:Test IPv6

You would want to contact your ISP and ask them if IPv6 is available, and to request it if not.

Best of luck in your adventures :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t think you fully understood his question, or how internet protocol works.

If it fixes his latency issue when he enables the IPv6 option, then OBVIOUSLY he his ISP offers IPv6.

The thing is, the game seems to decide when you are allowed to connect via IPv6.

If you you at the in-game option it says, “Allow IPv6 when available”.

I myself have noticed it’s not available in certain zones (i.e. major cities, certain raids, dungeons, etc).

I know IPv4 and IPv6 are just the protocol and address you are logging in from. It’s not suppose to have anything to do with bandwidth or latency.

However, I have noticed that everyone has issues with latency when connecting or partying with players with oceanic realms.

I learned a few days ago that if I connect under an IPv6, my latency issues when partying with Oceanic Realm players goes away. Whenever I’m on an IPv4 with players from oceanic realms my ping will sky rocket. I can provide video proof of this.

I guess OP is asking. Is there a way to enable IPv6 permanently in-game, not just “when available”.

2 Likes

yeah that is also what i’m trying to figure out as well because I’m having the same issue i’ve already done everything i can on my end calling my isp and having router modem and cable checked out. my end is not the issue home always connects to ipv6 but when world doesn’t connect on ipv6 as well i have lots of lag. i’ve noticed it only changes when i enter a dungeon or raid with other people from possibly different regions.

1 Like