For those of you possibly rerolling for next patch

Can you share what you’re rerolling to? Looking for ranged ideas. Spriest use to be my fallback but seeing how blizz is removing their complexity next patch, I’m trying to open up to other ranged ideas that have a fair amount of complexity like monk. If I play something like a bm hunter, the thrill will last about a month or two and I will get bored and start a never ending cycle of rerolling til I quit for a year and I’d prefer to not do that. I’m just looking for a ranged spec that my fellow monk brethren have fun alting/swapping mains to.

Our tier set sucks. I had my suspicions before reading Babylonius’s writeup on wowhead but after reading it, it kinda put the nail in the coffin for monk for me. I typed out a long rant here but ended up deleting it since it’d deter from the purpose of the thread… finding a ranged spec to play for next patch.

3 Likes

Only ranged class I play (and only for solo/open world stuff) is affliction warlock. I’m a healer main so I can’t really suggest anything else for group content.

I mean we’d be the only ones to even bother reading it too.

Mages and boomkin is always fun for pve

1 Like

I’m enjoying frost mage myself.

It’s not ranged, but I always keep my og pally toon for the times when monks are unplayable or frustrate me too much.

The rework makes Ret mega fun right now too.

Frost DK is by no means perfect, but they’ve managed to pull 2h frost out of the gutter far enough that I can play it and enjoy it without having to play the lame breath build.

Im going to give the new Ret a try once I finish doing the new story content with the patch and gear up a bit. Sadly even before the Ret rework, I’ve felt that a lot of other dps classes have a faster and impactful combat pace than the “gassed after 2 little tiger palms” windwalker for a while now. And yes I know theres a lot more to windwalker than tigerpalm. I’ve played the spec almost religiously since it launched in MoP. I just feel like it goes completely against what a monk is to what boils down to “running out of breath” after 2 of your weaker attacks when your body and spirit is supposed to be leagues and bounds above others after years and years of training.

Blizzard, you really owe an explanation at least as to why you locked the feedback thread instead of continuing to ignore monks and going down a completely opposite path as to what the people who play the class want.

If you’re going to continue making the MARTIAL ARTS class a slow combat paced, beast summoning street brawler, you might as well rename the class “beastlord” or something, and yes thats taken from Everquest which was widely viewed as a monk/shaman hybrid class.

8 Likes

Now that Blizz has created a Spriest/Mage/Hunter/Pally only META ive been playing my alt mage/dk/pally even though i don’t enjoy them as much as my monk, nor have i put in the work on them that i have my monk. Being forced to reroll because you cant get into any groups due to terrible balance tuning and straight denial of imbalance, feels bad. Just thought i’d rant and point out these mistakes any chance i get. Have a good day

Wont be rerolling. MW is too good now since 10.0.7

Much fun

2 Likes

Referring to ww. Thanks for your input though. Brew and mw are very fun.

4 Likes

I have already started the switch to druid. Good spec options and a good range between the skill floor and ceiling. Hard to get bored when you have 4 options to choose from specwise.

Omg the MW changes feel so good! I’m loving instant cast EnvM! It makes using Yu’lon so much smoother. And the shields have been surprisingly good. Granted I only did a few 12s since the patch released to help my brother get some alts geared up, I can’t wait to jump into finishing getting all +16-18s done.

2 Likes

This… I mean my god they wanted to give Monks MORE clones in the 10.1 tier set.

Idk what dev thinks Monk is supposed to be a summoning class, but i don’t like the direction at all.

1 Like

I rerolled to monk! I played MW in Warlords and it’s been nice getting back into it :slight_smile: especially with how strong and fluid it feels right now. Fistweaving feels extremely satisfying in dungeons where RSK hits like a truck (I am only lvl 25 atm)

2 Likes

This is more about WWs though

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I swapped to shadow. With timewalking, 5 sparks of ingenuity, banked up tier, and forbidden reach, you can be leveled and geared enough for 14-15s in a matter of hours. I think I hit 70 Wednesday ish and was 395 by the weekend.

I messed around on the ptr and shadow is a lot more fun than I was originally giving it credit.

It seems like there’s an a team, b team, and c team for class design. The c team is pulled from other departments to rush things. The c team did all the bad stuff like ret and ww and now the a team is now going around and fixing each one each patch. That’s probably far from the truth but I keep telling myself that to remain hopeful ww is coming up soon on the fix list.

2 Likes

You keep that optimism, I don’t have any hope myself.
In a few days my dragonflight experience will be much like my slands and legion days, not having an active sub and just lurking the forums to see if any changes to WW happens.

3 Likes