For those of you avoiding retail, would you play retail content on pristine realms?

"Would be pointless. This is just a complete misunderstanding of why people wanted classic.

They just can’t accept that retail is a bad game."

I vehemently disagree with this.

I would rather have the best of modern wow combined with the best of classic/vanilla.

Classic, is just a very good second choice.

What is a pristine realm? Is it just those things in Brack’s quote? If so, then no.

The problems with retail go much deeper than heirlooms and character boosts. Things like LFR/LFD, titanforging, transmog, “play the patch” design etc. should not exist.

It’s an MMO they are all time sinks. The idea that your favored one isn’t in some capacity focused on time sinks is laughable.

That would not fix PVP, or stat squish or any of the fundamental things that actually turn me off about retail. I would not play it.

Let’s see… Get rid of the store and all microtransactions. No more buying levels or mounts. Fix classes the way they used to be before retail was dumbed down and talents were destroyed. Then, perhaps, I would consider trying retail again.

1 Like

it’s not about why I like or don’t.

given enough time my grandma will reach max level in classic. and it doesn’t take much more than LFR monkeys to beat molten core.

however, put those people in front of a mythic raid on retail and they won’t kill it even after 500 pull.

one require nothing but time, the other require skill. You not being able to differentiate them is… weird, but unfortunately common.

1 Like

If you can’t see any difference between the difficulty of non end game raid content in classic vs retail I’m not going to convince you otherwise.

It’s just weird how many people defend retail difficulty when their ONLY line is “but the mythic raids…”

1 Like

the mythic raid… or the mythic dungeon… or the heroic raid… or the skill-based PvP … heck, even the normal mode raid is about on par with naxx. less gear check but more mechanics.

so yeah, just about any group activity.

it’s just weird how many people defend classic difficulty when their only line is ‘’ but it take soo long to level up’’

2 Likes

I haven’t said anything about how long it takes to level up. Who are you talking to?

Not even sure why people would play Classic for only PVE. PVP is where Classic shines. Retail is a joke by comparison.

oh sorry.

I wasn’t aware the classic zealot had any other argument to justify classic ‘difficulty’.

so, what is it? reputation grind? downranking spells? not falling alseep during one of the various 20min long flight?

1 Like

probably because they’ve been at it for 15 years now, and the skill floor to get good is ridiculously high / completely pug unfriendly.

You’re not arguing in good faith so not going to waste my time. Take care.

right. Because I’m supposed to respect someone who doesn’t differentiate difficulty and timesinks as if that was a half-decent position to hold.

have you even tried retail beyond your solo experience?

1 Like

There are plenty of people here making it very clear what matters to them. I’m not sure why you’re here to just insist that none of their preferences are valid. What are you trying to prove and to who?

For me, PVE in Classic is just a means to an end. Likely to change when PVP gear is introduced.

and what matter to them is…?

I see a lot of people clueless about retail, I see a lot of people talking about how slow everything is in classic, I see a lot of people talking about how slow everything is in classic while refusing any advice that would help with their efficiency (aka level’ing as prot)…

I have yet to see someone honestly think dungeons, bosses or raid are remotely challenging.

How can they be? This stuff was figured out years ago. That’s why I don’t understand coming to Classic just for PVE. To each their own though. I don’t judge.

Classic isn’t difficult though. I don’t play difficult games and I am not having a problem with classic. In fact, every character I start leveling up is easier and easier to progress though the content so I think any ‘difficulty’ people are encountering is user error not game difficulty.

Retail is just not WoW anymore, same story for Final Fantasy 11. Games that change too much in order to appease the ADD attention span people end up losing the other end of the spectrum.