For the LOVE OF GOD Blizzard, FIX THE BG QUEUE DC

That is not a bug, and has nothing to do with pvp/bgs. It’s an anti afk feature that has been in classic since launch. They put it in because people were staying logged in using various tricks to keep from having to wait in queue, preventing others from being able to log in and play.

All you have to do is actually play the game a bit. Interact with a few things periodically and you wont trigger the 1 hour timer. Sell to a store, rearrange your bank, kill some trash mobs etc.

It’s been in the whole time, you’re just only noticing it now as a normal player because you’re afking waiting on a queue pop and the queue is long enough to hit the timer.

That’s the nature of putting mixed group sizes into the same queue as solos, combined with their new randomization to keep Ally from premading.

What happens a lot of times is itll be filling matches and get to the point where it would be your turn to join, but there arent enough slots left in that match to fit your whole group so it skips you and fills with solos/smaller group.

You then wait for a new match to open up and get slotted to that one instead.

Are you in a city when this happens? I’ve never had it happen outside of a major city.

What I do to avoid this is that around 55 minutes I go take a flight path to Ungoro Crater. You get a free hearth back anyway when the BG ends.

I have a suggestion…get some dignity, reroll alliance and stop being part of the smelly horde

1 Like

I know I’ve sat around in Org scanning the LFG channel for well over an hour and not been DC’d. And I certainly haven’t done anything but sit on that roof. I’m a bit confused about this because I’ve seen enough people comment on it that I believe it, but have seemingly been spared the disconnect during these periods of time so I wonder what I’m doing differently. Perhaps it only applies to people queued for a BG?

i’m very precise with my timings so i’ll be AFK at the 1hr mark but ill still be back before the BG pops. Like I won’t use the bathroom if I know I don’t have enough time before it pops.

Strange, I’ve never had this issue. Have you tried reinstalling?

Stop going afk for an hour.

2 Likes

I think a lot of the comments here will help you…if you are only jumping to avoid afk logout, it won’t work pst the 1 hour…

If you are simply logging on, joining q, and walking away…I highly suggest a new game for you because it seems you don’t like to play WoW…if you log on, join Q, then play the game with quests or wPvP or farming, you probably won’t have any issues…

Just play the game

1 Like

Yes, it’s an AFK feature. When this has happened to me it has been late at night or early in the morning. I would wake up 1 hour early before work to queue up and go back to bed for 30 mins, move my char and then have that disconnect thing happen at 1 hour. It happened a few times and I fixed it. Still annoying.

When I was ranking hard I would frequently stay up all night and sleep between queues. I am certain other horde are doing this too.

i would run dungeons but its not long enough for that. and I play a rogue so i can’t exactly spend the time farming reliably. RN I’m working on my fishing and cooking between queues, but I don’t think you understand how long it really is to have 70 minute queues every game. you spend 8 hours to play 4 AV’s. if you are playing that entire time, you are getting literally nothing else done in real life.

You can easily do a world farm as a rogue in between. Set your hearth to solitus go farm elementals, set it to fellwood and farm furblogs. Go farm ekos in winterspring.

I do fully understand that 70 minutes in between Q is a lot. What you don’t understand is that ranking isn’t required to play the game. So if you are trying to rank up to a high rank, you NEED to give up some real word time. If your faction is unable to rank without waiting 8 hours to get through 4 games, the. I question why you would be trying to rank at all?

Why aren’t horde just PvPing casually? As in once or twice a day? Instead you seem dead set on climbing the ranks. To do so, you hve to put up with the chair time. If you can’t handle the chair time then you aren’t the 1% of the population that deserves the high ranks

im just trying to get rank 8 bro. nothing crazy.

and pretty much everything of value is hard farmed on fairbanks. its a very high pop server.

This bug is one of the little things that makes it pretty clear that they have little if any support for classic. It’s really a shame. They could have used classic as a sort of rebirth to wow, and it’s dwindling player base. Instead they’re just kind of letting it fall apart.

Sure, a lot of us will stick around no matter what. But I have a feeling the boon dies off before too long. We already started seeing it happen before the BWL tier. Each subsequent tier will be a little bit worse, especially as the power creep kicks in for the people who stick around; the raid loggers will fall too far behind, and quickly lose interest in the game.

Q up and go farm consumables. when the Q pops you go to the BG.

Rogues can’t farm lol, go pickpocket BRD.

Horde calling for more queue fixes… stop it already

1 Like

Still farming.

its 25g an hr on my server because coffer keys are 40s each. and thats 25g an hr if its always a perfect run.

shut up, this doesnt even affect alliance.