For the love God stop corrupting my gear

On alts that don’t have the legendary cloak.

At least give the option. A menu should pop up and ask if you want the item corrupted.

This system is pure trash and I hope to never see it again.

60 Likes

why dont you just do the quest line?

13 Likes

I don’t want to do it on all my alts. One is enough for me.

26 Likes

just dont use the corrupted gear

4 Likes

Because the content is garbage and no one likes doing it.

I say that as someone that came back a month or so ago and got a few cloaks to rank 15. This patch has the worst content out of any expansion patch ever. Corruptions rotate out every few days when you could just have all of them on mother the entire time. Leveling your cloak is super slow and tedious and limited by a currency that will have no function after this expansion ends, having a gold alternative would have been a better idea but they want to sell tokens to buy that stupid AH mount not to mention all the other mount gold sinks in this trash expansion.

Essences should have been account bound and just like the corruption resistance it gate keeps playing your character optimally. Imagine having to do a boring quest chain if you want to do m+ and mythic raiding on all your alts just to be somewhat viable because you’re required to get rng affixes on rng loot to be viable.

These systems do not respect the players time and BFA has been the most anti alt expansion ever made. I have to imagine they did this on purpose because there’s so little content for the expansion so they force you to do garbage chores in order to attempt to enjoy the game.

I get that they wanted to create their own version of mage tower in this patch but it’s not fun and challenging it’s just tedious and boring.

33 Likes

I agree. This patch is horrible.

12 Likes

He has a good point. There really is no reason an unrelated task should have corruption.

A few weeks back when I capped one of my DKs the very first emissary I did gave a ring w/ corruption that boosted me up to 60. Every other fight now I get an eye of sauron and an evil clone that usually kill me.

22 Likes

At the very least get rid of the 5 memento charge for cleansing. People are farming thousands upon thousands of mementos now as they farm for echoes; the only people negatively affected by this annoying little price tag are people who just want to gear their alts without their gear actively trying to murder them.

18 Likes

People will really %&*@# and moan about anything wont they… jeeze

4 Likes

I concur. Wish blizurd could fix something without making it worse.

3 Likes

Just have mother remove the corruption. Problem solved.

I’m confused by this. If you’re playing an Alt and looking to get gear why wouldn’t you get the single best upgrade available which is the cloak? It takes less than an hour on Alts to run through the quest line.

10 Likes

Keep your corruption under 40 and it’s managable.

I have 13 max levels, and only 4 cloaks. ALL of them have a corruption level of 39 or less and it plays just fine AND gives them all extra damage from those sources.

The system isn’t bad, you just don’t know how to play it correctly.

6 Likes

Easier said then done sometimes.

My S. priest was like this. After several back to back corrupted drops I said fine…I’ll do the cloak quest.

Now I have other alts who have cloaked and they get clean gear almost all the time.

Rng is, well, rng.

2 Likes

After the 3rd or 4th alt the cloak quest is just stupid boring tedium.

On the other hand, stupid boring tedium seems to be a preferred blizzard design feature.

8 Likes

To save as many mementos possible do not do the upgrade bit. If you have no intention of visions till you puke you don’t need the. Take those 150 mementos and cleanse away. Don’t burn any on the tech tree part.

This is what I did with most chars. I just want optimal open world performance. quick wq’s run quicker I am off to the next one.

1 Like

Yes it is.

since nailing the first vision is not going to happen I speed run this. I speed around to find as many mobs to see how speedy that death is. Shadow priest is my record time. Pulled in a massive stormwind cluster and they beat her down fast AF.

I sometimes speed death the minor incursion bit as well unless its packed and people around to tag the kills if a kill quest. Unless its the hidden eye balls. I speed death that one too. Life is too short to look for hidden eyeballs when I just want the quest complete.

They need to “I saw this already” for more than just the 2 parts really.

4 Likes

I got a corrupted gun on a 118 hunter from a BG.

Not gonna lie, I laughed.
That corruption works in leveling BGs too so I’ve started trucking people doing party sync with it.

2 Likes

Hunter is not too bad here for this imo. Especially BM, pet is your main dps so you can move more. When the eye comes down you can move and its not a deal breaker. This can suck for MM though.

Unless really not liking it you can even get corrupted to the point of seeing n’zoth’s little hitman come after you and be okay usually.

They keep getting corrupted gear.

i don’t care if “don’t wear the gear” is an option, you should not be putting effort into getting an upgrade on their alt only for said upgrade to be corrupted and become useless unless you want to do a 37 step quest chain on every alt.

6 Likes