For god's sakes let me block two battlegrounds like before

I prefer the OP option.

I wish you could see how not random my BGs have been. I’ve gotten AB once or twice in the past few weeks. I’ll get Mines and EOTS multiple times in one night though. And AV dominates my Epic BG queue (not that I am complaining since I love that BG). Having the same BG pop more than once in one night is not uncommon for me.

1 Like

I miss the bg weekends.

Was the best.

Don’t you remember back when Horde used to blacklist av/ioc almost unanimously? Now that’s an extreme case because they were 40 mans, but if you didn’t blacklist one or the other that is ALL you’d see. Maybe it would be different now with epics and randoms split though.

1 Like

A night is a really long time. There are 9 battlegrounds in the normal queue, this is of course going to happen - you’re not going to get each battleground in a unique sequence; that’s why it’s random! When blacklisting existed, I would rotate between 3 battlegrounds: Gilneas, Mines and Temple. Block two and then you’d see Strand and Isle. I have received the same battleground maybe twice this entire expansion so far (excluding Epic queue).

The OP mentioned nothing about reward, he said his time and enjoyment was the most important thing - both which are solved by queuing specific.

Where does the queue time increase blacklisting causes factor in to your scenario?

You are talking about players being forced into stuff they don’t want to do, what about the other side of the coin? The players that don’t want to be forced into whatever the two most blacklisted maps would be over, and over, and over again?

1 Like

And when I go days without seeing certain BGs? And consistently get others? That is not random. I’m not just making this up. I’ve gotten EOTS three times in one night. I’ve gotten KOT three times in one night, two of those in a row. I got EOTS twice yesterday. I got SSM twice Sunday and once yesterday. Same without Seething Shore. And there will be spells where I forget SS even exists. And you’re assuming how many games I play a night.

Don’t forget specific queuing can skew this as well. Some specific queue certain BGs, and they need 9/14/39 others.

If WSG and AB are favorites, should I not get those more?

Queue for them and that’s all you will get.

If specific queues from other people are influencing my BGs, should I not get more of the popular ones? Instead of EOTS all of the time?

They have to appease both. If you want specific BGs, queue them (you forfeit CP, but get to have fun in your BG of choosing) If you want random, doesn’t have to be in any order, queue random (you just may have to do some BGs you don’t like, but you get CP)

True but you could always choose to gear up enough that conquest is Monopoly money.

It kinda is random. You did not choose those maps, the system chose it out of a pool of maps =/= random. The person queuing after you is unlikely to get the exact same string as you, in the order that you got them in.

As mentioned, if you don’t want to play specific maps, you have the option of queuing specifically for them. The conquest rewards are crap and as you have said you play multiple games in a night, after your first win, is the 8 conquest points really that much of a carrot to make you play a game of something you don’t want?

My strategy is very much to do a game until a win, and then I’ll queue for whichever maps I feel like (normally Warsong and Twin Peaks, or Temple at the moment while trying to finish up Khan). Often I’ll leave it up to the system, and it’s put me in strings of two at most for the past couple of months.

How is this relevant to me getting the same BG a million times over?

And I want to gain honor levels, so I am not going to queue specific BGs. I also like getting the other rewards. I shouldn’t have to queue specifically to avoid the not-random aspect of random BGs.

1 Like

Appease both how? So I can’t get WSG because others are specifically queuing for it? That makes no sense. And if EOTS is not being queued for by those who are queueing specifically for other BGs, is there some stupid rule that says EOTS needs to come up X times a night, so those who don’t want it are forcing others to get it more often?

Honestly, now that I think about it, queuing specifically is a form of blacklisting. Except you don’t get rewards for winning. So if blacklisting was so bad, why can people queue specifically?

It’s actually not even close since you aren’t getting rewarded and you only can queue for 2.

If you want specific BGs, queue for them. That’s just how it works

Literally said this in my other post. And yeah, it is. If blacklisting affected what people got, then queuing specific should too.

I want random. I don’t want to play anything specific. I want to play all of the BGs in the actual pool instead of seeing the same two over and over.

Not to the same extent. Both sides had their favored go-to blacklisted BG which snowballed as more and more blacklisted it.

And yet you want blacklisting back, which made this worse.

Uh, yeah, if two popular ones keep getting chosen, it’s the opposite of two BGs people don’t like getting blacklisted.

I’ve told you before that I didn’t have an issue with it, and I’m saying now that no blacklisting isn’t making it any more random. At least I could force the crap RNG system to get rid of one repeated BG in my seemingly limited pool.

And I would appreciate if you would address the below because I’m genuinely curious to know how you think the current BG pool operates.

If others are specifically queuing WSG you could get it, a random chance. Other than that it’s random. Do you use reflex? I’m curious the overall numbers for each bg you get over time.