For god's sakes let me block two battlegrounds like before

It’s not the tech since this is really the only BG that this happens to.

In reference to that one thing, yeah. But I ressed unable to mount, stuck in combat, multiple times in Warsong Gulch. My other examples are similarly not WG.

Bad lag probably? There was a time, I think in Legion where I was stuck in combat after ressing. Not this expansion though.

Absolutely not lag. I’ve also had to hike across Stormheim completely in combat with no one around, and it’s not just Stormheim, and everywhere except, interestingly, Draenor and maybe Outland (to my immediate recall, at least). If they spent a little money they could teach the game to never have someone stuck in combat for more than 20 seconds (I can LOG in 20 seconds) if another player isn’t anywhere near them and the enemy involved is minor.

Well happens to that dramatically. I’ve seen some regular BG’s start with 7 or 8 for a while before they fill. Same issue, just less dramatic.

1 Like

I just wish the Alliance could PvP so queues would be quicker.

1 Like

It seems to me that both sets have the same numbers of casual dedicated players, Americans specifically, whereas Horde has a vast majority of the really dedicated players. That means Horde is tolerable to play in the middle of the night at best, Alliance is atrocious. The casual dedicated (those with lives) just play weekends and evenings, if you play off times as Alliance you will be up against your own side with up to five or more carry cases – a vast number of alts “gearing” by helping to lose matches for themselves and others by literally being below level to get into a Heroic dungeon, much less anything higher, and die and clog up the system, where my tank is in the #1 or #2 slot constantly because DPS aren’t able to live long enough to do any damage – but whether we win or lose they have an RNG at 360 gear so it doesn’t matter to them.

Come when the casual dedicated folks (after work, on weekends) are on and you’ll get a better mix, or at least enough to carry Alliance to some wins for the day, just so they can lose horribly all night long – so some people who don’t like doing maybe 10 world quests to gear up to 340 can just die their way up to 360.

Also, rings and trinkets are easier to get than weapons or off-hand for aspirant stuff, so you don’t even have to go WQ to get those.

Aside from player choice, what good did it do?

I can list at least 3 bad things it did beyond extending general queue times.

you trivialize the importance of not forcing players into content that annoys or irritates them

bad design

2 Likes

There’s the afk if you don’t like a BG

Nobody’s forced into anything, you do have the freedom of choice. 15 minutes downtime might seem like the end of the world but if that’s the worst thing then I’d say you’re having a pretty good day.

misses the pain point entirely

someone may only have 1-2 hours to pvp and they love it in most maps but hate a couple

if they are alliance they are possibly struggling to get their conquest wins for the day and may need a lot of matches to get it, if they are horde they have long q times. Or maybe they are just doing it for fun.

15 minutes is really longer, more equivalent to missing out on about 20-30 minutes of your limited block of free time. So right there half your time could be gone unless you endure the tedium of some map you loathe.

forcing players into stuff they don’t want to do isn’t good game design. Just reduces the playerbase.

Solve the design problem, not complain that players should like it the crappy way.

2 Likes

Same goes for the players who like to do different BGs but because of blacklisting get even more stuck in the same ones since they don’t blacklist the popular unwanted BG of that faction. We all like randomness. Yes, streaks still happen (if someone queues for a specific, it will pull random players to that map) but for the most part, removing blacklisting has made for more consistencies in what pops (aside from epics since there’s only 3 BGs)

1 Like

Fair point to be sure, but if you’re spamming games wouldn’t an increase in queue time cost you more during the course of the week? Like if you went from 30 seconds or what not to 3 minutes. Spamming 5 bg’s would be the same as having taken deserter on a map you hate, and there’s a chance you might not even get that one anyways to desert.

1 Like

Yea. Some think it wouldn’t increase queue times though :joy:

2 Likes

I guess that’s the real trick to all of this. Mysterious secret math.

1 Like

I would love that too, i’m not paying to play World of Tanks.

1 Like

That kind of queue don’t give points when you win.

2 Likes

I know. I suggested giving 2 conquest each for a total of 20 a week. Would that work?

Instead of blacklisting, since we’re never gonna get that back, I’d like the WotD to just be extended to specific queuing.

1 Like