For god's sakes let me block two battlegrounds like before

Omg I’m having two diff convos in this thread. The SS was not to you, again look who I quoted. And idc about your one night, it’s the overall.

Yep. Knew the numbers weren’t good enough. The 19% and 5% were representative of my overall, by the way.

I’m done with this topic. It’s irritating. Anything that was maybe (a huge maybe) a problem with blacklisting before no longer exists. I’m just going to go back to focusing solely on my win rates.

So what, you just cleared it and started from scratch? Okay

Were any of those backfills (even if it’s still prep phase)? If so you might be backfilling into certain maps disproportionately due to quitters.

But anyhow, I tend to get streaks too. Like last weekend I got pretty much only AV for epics, and this week I’m getting WG predominantly.

When I run normals it’s not uncommon to get Seething Shore over and over. Since I normally AFK out upon loadin on Seething, I figured it was just Karma reminding me everything has a price.

2 Likes

I see this regularly depending on how the first clash goes? I see it in non-epic battlegrounds too. I have screengrabs of Warsong where 40% of the team drop out after the first cap. I’ve been in AV where we lost 15 people after Horde recapped all their towers at the start and people respawned north.

Yes, Wintergrasp has people leaving but aside from in the early hours of the day it’s not an isolated incident contained to that one map.

I posted in the Epic Battleground feedback thread that I feel part of the problem is deserter. The games in the EBG queue are expected to be longer, so people abandoning them should also get a harsher penalty than the normal queue.

1 Like

This is a good point too. Seems one of the AVs was a backfill, given the numbers.

That’s why it’s good to look at overall numbers, not just one nights worth.

1 Like

Thank but there’s a lot that might see it different. like I said many times before wow is the only game that I play so when I pvp I give it all I got.

Well I can’t see your chat, or if you’re toxic or whatever, but you’re not toxic here so I give you the benefit of the doubt. Keep trying, and pushing others around you to try.

At the start If no one talking about a good strat I may offer up 1 but when the fussing starts I will ignore chat I would rather get kills to argue in chat.

So what? The OP don’t say it? ok, i say it. The forum work like this, someone bring a topic and usually the people start talking about other issues related to that topic. Thanks for your input, but i don’t need a forum police.

The forum also works by people replying to posts. I was replying to the OP, you replied to me and I responded to you saying my post was addressed to him as he did not mention rewards. Had he, my response would have been different.

Not sure how my response to you was forum policing as opposed to offering you clarity.

Under this point of view, what you did wasn’t what i said before, i apologize for that. But get in mind that different issues related to the main topic use to pop up, and sometimes people choose follow the flow.

I don’t see why the blacklist feature “needed” to be removed in the first place? Seems to me most players were perfectly happy being able to block bgs they don’t enjoy :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I don’t get what the issue is… if I were able to block Wintergrasp, how would that “hurt” other players? I don’t see the harm in blacklist to be honest. Even having just 1 “global” blacklist bg (as in, you are only allowed to pick 1 bg to block across all bgs) wouldn’t affect queue times too much I don’t think :thinking:

Using ^ my hypothetical example, I block WG, so I don’t ever have to deal with it again. Meanwhile, players who enjoy WG (Inemia, Jarawana, etc) can continue to play it. Seems both camps of players would be happy in such a scenario.

Am I missing something here?? Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t see what the harm of blacklist is?

2 Likes

no harm in having 1 at all just very very few people not wanting it back I have seen a good majority in game and on forums say they want it back

3 Likes

You don’t have to see what’s wrong with it. Blizzard saw and removed it.

Blizzard probably saw it as a way people avoided epics and thought it was unnecessary after they got separated.

1 Like

I’ve wondered that as well. If AV, IoC and Strand really were the most blacklisted and they were either removed or placed in a separate queue, maybe Blizzard thought that gave us all a universal “blacklist” of the most blacklisted maps.

This could be it too. They probably also don’t want to give the small BGs a blacklist without the epics, but I think anyone can see the problems a blacklist would cause with only 3 BGs.

Even if had been left in, other maps would have taken the place of those three. My guess would be Seething Shore and Temple or Mines, and after that it’s a snowball.

@Gdtroll, you have a very narrow vision on the subject. That works great for you. Alliance would probably blacklist Wintergrasp (much like Horde did with AV and IoC), meaning Horde players like Jara and Inemia would rarely see that map, and Alliance who didn’t blacklist it would see nothing but it. The rest of the players would then get longer queues as more AVs and IoCs tried to be filled from a reduced player base.

See this isn’t great though… More communication from them would be awesome. Guessing sucks, I feel like we are all doing too much of it.

1 Like