For god's sakes let me block two battlegrounds like before

Explain this to me.

It was a combination of blacklist and specific queue. Let’s say 1 Alliance player specific queued AV or IoC at that time. You would have to wait for it to find 40 Horde and 38 other Alliance players who don’t have them blacklisted on top of trying to match healers. If you blacklist the 2 40 mans, you’re not stuck in that pool waiting for others.

Valerian, your hypothetical theory assumes all 80 Alliance players would blacklist Wintergrasp. Your theory only works in that scenario. In actuality if 20% of the queuing base blacklisted anything at all it would be 16 players, so there would still only be one game running.

Add to that that different players will blacklist different things, and the opposing faction does the same, on top of healer matchmaking, and boom go your queue times.

1 Like

Removing blacklisting is 1 of the worst things they have done and most people I know and from what I have read agree. They should bring at least 1 back

5 Likes

I’m under the assumption that the system will pull players to get the shortest queues for randoms. That would mean mostly AV matches popping frequently and quickly. If you are queued specific for something that the majority has blacklisted, well tough luck.

I just got out of a wintergrasp where an alliance player said they /afk’d out at the start and they STILL got into the same battleground 15 minutes later.

I’ve done it as well. Left a wintergrasp on one toon, then queue up on another alliance and I’ll get thrown into the same one I just left.

That seems like it is weighing horde queue times down heavily. We could have 2 epics going if alliance wasn’t constantly having to backfill all its queuing players into a failed wintergrasp.

Wintergrasp is the problem. You can argue alliance is the problem, but that specific map is where most alliance players /afk. I don’t see it happening in AV/IOC

We do and we’re right. WG isn’t the problem. Just like with Horde and AV/IoC back in the day. The maps weren’t the problem but Horde had an easy out by blacklisting them. Bad design

1 Like

You’ll never stop alliance from quitting out. So your other option is lower queues for not forcing alliance into wintergrasp.

You’re picturing a “perfect” scenario of every single Alliance blacklisting WG, and Blizzard not allowing it for both factions.

Maybe not every single. But you’d save at least 30-35 alliance from being forced into deserter. That would lower queue times.

It really wouldn’t lower queue times though. Alliance do leave during ioc/av as well.

This is uninformed. Alliance do leave AV/IOC but not nearly to the extent of wintergrasp.

I rarely see alliance at sub 38 players in ioc/av. In wintergrasp it hovers at around 28-30 the entire match.

Then you’re not paying attention

I’m in an av right now. We are at 40 starting.

I never see 40 in wintergrasp. Ever.

Well I do, until the first teamfight that is.

You aren’t paying attention then. 31 usually, I track it.

As do I. I’ll start taking ss’s for you

Please do. The “strategy” lately has been avoid the horde at start because we are usually 8-9 people short.

Start taking your SS’s of this. And I mean at the beginning, not a few minutes after it starts.

So far this AV we are about 5 minutes in and a single person has left so far.

That’s nice. I’ve had WG where Alliance don’t leave. They’re called outliers