Focus on having fun. May enjoy the game more

Every season some specs are after thoughts and some specs are OP. That is kind of how a changing meta-game balance works… That said the deviation between top specs and bottom specs playability is incredibly inflated in BfA thanks to a number of factors including maledict, healer throughput, large healthpools, and the terrible affect PvE trinkets are having on the game.

None of these things are new… Used to be some players had legendary weapons in arenas which drastically reshaped the landscape. It just feels different because the broken trinkets this time around cause crazy survivability and not the other way around.

The real reason why we’re all so frustrated is because the game USED TO BE GOOD. If the game was always in this sad state that it’s in, it would be a lot easier to accept it, but the devs just keep putting in worse and worse ideas as the xpacs go on.

The fact that they don’t learn from their past mistakes is mind-boggling. The new gear fiasco is a perfect case-in-point of this. Games are supposed to get better over time, not worse.

4 Likes

Whoever is playing this game and not enjoying themselves probably has an addiction problem to it. These games are about entertainment, if you don’t find yourself enjoying your time playing, then take a break, go find something you enjoy doing.

1 Like

why you gotta hit us in the soul like that

literally going to make a forum post of this quote

1 Like

You’re not spewing some super intelligent unknown post. I’m explaining why WoW isn’t fun.

Class balance swings, sure. But they haven’t even attempted to tune the game at a respectable pace. There will always be a first and last place from a tuning perspective, but so far in BfA they have let classes/specs rot for months at a time without even a sign that it’s on their radar (or let some go very overtuned).

RNG gear is new also. Had a hint of it in Legion but it didn’t affect PvP. Even on the PvE side, you can find mega posts from world first raiders to casuals about how gearing sucks and furthermore just how much stronger the best gear is over the weakest (not even stats, just effects like tank trinket).

And legendary weapons in arenas hasn’t been around since Cataclysm. Virtually almost all PvE gear vanished from arena starting in MoP save it for a few trinkets that weren’t nearly as game altering as things like diamond laced, void stone, the tank trinket people were using in tournaments in S1, etc. If anything they gave a small offensive advantage over their PvP counter-part but, again, that mostly went away in MoP.

Perhaps only PvP-ing for competitive gear is a route they didn’t want to go, but they could have handled it differently. The issues many people complain about - ridiculous titanforging, socket proccing, and nearly 0 control over character progression apply to everyone.

Not sure why you thought you were coming in with some new science as if fun isn’t subjective in the first place. It is fair to assume that the vast majority of players that partake in PvP combat, be it any game, are doing so to beat the other player. When you lose or are severely hindered due to circumstances outside of how well you play your character I doubt you call that fun/enjoyable.

1 Like

Like the legend Athene once said: "If I kill you, if I own you in game, who is having fun, you or me?

1 Like

I just played against a warrior with the new raid trident, it’s so annoying

After a day back I understand why people hate this season. All the top tier dps are also the most tanky. No punishment for misplays, no reward for smart plays.

problem is that class design is awful and there are tons of gimmicks

you can have all the fun content in the world + enjoyable things to do (casual and hardcore), but if feels awful to actually do any of it then what’s the point

It’s like going on an awesome fieldtrip during highschool. You’d be having a lot of fun, except for the fact that you’re experiencing painful diarrhea the entire time

i don’t like my free time being wasted and many things about the current design result in unnecessary wasting of my time

forums are the spot to complain and hope for change

1 Like

This is exactly my attitude op. I understand wow pvp is unbalanced, I realized it when I started pvping ages ago. That doesn’t mean I’m cool with losing or don’t get a little rage inside when we lose to some bs pve item.

Like last night I was doing some 2s and we go up against dk/druid. And I spell lock the druid and full fear him, and bursted the dk while his amz and ams was still on cd. And this dk had like 3 different absorb procs rolling on him, he was at like 5% health for the whole time the druid was cc’ed. Oh and he ends up hitting a 90k death strike, so basically he kept him self up thru all my burst while not having his 2 big magic defensives. And I just let out a big ole sigh irl. Oh well.

wow 90k death strike is crazy

Non tank dks need their deathstrike to heal stuff from a smaller window, 5s is almost as long as any stun, and the majority of most single CCs.

I hate reaching max level than needing to do pve to pvp.

I also do not like azerite.

See I have the opposite problem. I dislike PVP and I hate having to PVP to get things I need to PVE… like right now the best in slot essence for my main class is one of the PVP ones and I have not PVP’d since they forced me to In Pandaria for the Legendary.

1 Like