Focus on having fun. May enjoy the game more

I see a lot of complaints about how broken PVP is. I completely agree it has many balance issues atm.
However i have found (for me) that i am having much more fun in arena playing casual.
What i mean by that is i will play any comp and with people that are cool over playing a meta and grinding rating.
So not to say dont master your class or play sloppy just redirect at having fun.
There is already so much toxic attitudes out there. Perhaps you could improve the game for yourself by changing perspective.

If you are someone who must be R1 and that is what matters perhaps accept that meta and roll with it or find a game that is more PVP focused may make you more happy.
GL out there

5 Likes

Yep. It’s all you can do ATM

Embrace the suck as they say.

They’ve beaten us into submission

I typically enjoy the game win/loss, currently the only thing that bothers me is losing because people are stacking PvE gear with defensive absorbs and procs.

Even the recent hotfix to reduce some of it wasn’t enough, it’s basically Legion legendaries that are enabled in Arena. I don’t think it’s easy to enjoy the game when you lose to comps that are abusing PvE gear, or even worse losing to Mythic raiders who have no PvP experience and are getting Glad when their previous experience is 1600-2k max.

6 Likes

Rethumtv - Your statement is valid. However that is the state of WOW. im not saying its just or balance. Only saying that is the system we have. We all know that going into arena. So for me a casual mind set removed the stress and helped me enjoy the game.
You need to have awareness that Skill alone is not what determines Win /Loss.
Hope it helps.

Oserix - Im trying to put a positive perspective but to a degree you are correct. Those who have been playing wow a long time know how things are. So if you chose to compete in a unlevel playing field we need to be ok with our choice.
Not dismissing that things should be better just saying we must accept what is if we chose to play.

3 Likes

You are only having fun cuz ur geared from doing Mythic dungeons lol.

“Focus on having fun”. What if I have fun pvp’ing? But then I don’t get juicy loot? Then I get stomped on by PvE players in 420’s with busted trinkets? What do I do?

Should I force myself to run Mythic dungeons? If yes that directly contradicts your whole point which is to “focus on having fun”. Dungeons are not fun to me.

Do you see the issue here? Basically if PvP’ing is your “fun” you aren’t going to be having fun. It’s not an on or off switch where you can just decide “I’m gong to have fun”.

17 Likes

Exalter sums this up pretty well.

1 Like

It’s hard to have fun when either

A) The specs you prefer to play are just afterthoughts
B) Some specs are just so busted strong you feel like there is no hope
C) people are carried by the RNG gear they wear and not how well they play their spec/comp
D) You feel forced to complete content you have no desire to do

2 Likes

Last few expansions pve bonuses have been very weak in arena(or disabled completely). Why are they strong now?

The last time pve gear was this strong In pvp was wrath and cata. How could they overlook this?

Even nerfing the BoD trinkets so clearly it was known lololol. This will prob ruin arenas reputation for the rest of the xpac, the class balance was one thing but this is unacceptable with the amount of information they’ve had over 12 years.

2 Likes

I feel like you may have missed my point in this post Exalter.
Im enjoying it more because im focusing on my play vs just win / loss.
I dont think you should do ANYTHING in the game you dont want to do. However what i am suggesting is that you be at peace with what is. Im not saying accept it as balanced or fair but simply accept that this is WOW.
If you go into arena knowing that it makes it easier … at least for me.

If you are looking for balanced PVP and a strictly skill based win / loss system wow is not for you.

Nah dude, I don’t enjoy losing in anything I play. I especially don’t like losing when I outplay an enemy, but lose because they have better game mechanics.

It’s easy to say you don’t care about rating and just trying to have fun until you lose 2-5 games in a row. If that doesn’t tilt you, then that’s just weird.

11 Likes

I can’t imagine deluding myself to believe I’m having fun playing against a stacked deck.

If you guys hate this game so much why dont you go find something else to play?

I do feel your pain Orphanchild.
I love playing arms. I know if i go into a BG as arms instead of fury im probably going to have a rough day.
Im not disagreeing with anyone about the state of the game.
Im simply saying you may be able to reduce stress by accepting WOW is going to be WOW. There never will be perfect balance and there will always be something to exploit.

Efx - I dont think anyone enjoys losing. However most people feel the sting of loss because “someone got the best of them” or “someone was better than them” However neither is necessarily the case in wow due to imbalances. Im saying you may find some peace by accepting you are choosing to participate in a unbalanced system.
For me its hard to get upset when i loose to someone with a substantial mechanic bonus when i went in knowing that would be the case.

It can also be very rewarding when you beat a team that has the “i win” button gear and FOTM classes.

Arms is fine, DK is just better, which is the case for all classes in BFA.

Since most of the class toolkit is pretty much the same, the one that does better get to be the meta.

Yea at this point if you’re “fighting the good fight”

Despite Blizzard’s blatant silence and blatant disregard for broken items then idk man.

They literally laugh at you and mock you

Have fun with what you got or just idk, they don’t care what you do

I get your point. I think Efx basically summed up mine. It’s just not fun losing no matter how much you try to focus on improving or whatever.

For example I can’t have fun focusing on my game play when I am fighting Destro Warlocks that have 265k health and an agility trinket that makes them unkillable.

Like why do I have to fight Unholy DK/Rdruid teams with ilvl 415 in 2’s at 1400 on my alt with 370 gear I’m just trying to cap on? My only hope is the Rdruid just stays in cat form with no hots and randomly decides to put me on dr to every cc in the game so I can kill him.

It’s just not fun dealing with this type of stuff. I don’t feel like there’s a lot for me to learn from situations like this, and even if there was it’s hard to determine what was due to a mistake on my end and what was just an impossible to overcome gear or spec advantage.

Like maybe going on X target and running a cc chain on Y target is the right call, but it doesn’t work and you think “ok bad idea next time vs this comp we will do this and that instead”. But then the only reason you actually lost is because the kill target had some OP pve gear and vs any other comp without it that actually was the right call. Now you’re just confused and have no idea why you lost and end up executing the wrong strat vs the next team.

It’s just super demoralizing to deal with such large imbalances between gear and specs.

3 Likes

A coach of mine in HS football said something to me that really resonated. This is all about having fun, but you know what I think is really fun? Looking at the scoreboard at the end of the game and having more points than the other team.

2 Likes

I do not disagree with you at all Exalter.
Im just saying this system (broken or not) is what we have.
If its just to stressful perhaps many would be better off with a new game.

I took a 4 month break about 2 to 3 months ago. The game has been more enjoyable sense i returned due to acceptance of what is.

For clarity “accepting what is” =/= “being ok with what is”
I found pve can be fun and just seeing the environment. It really is a beautiful game.
Think we all have to focus on the things we like about the game. As with all things in life if the bad out weighs the good may be time to move on.

Yeah even when some gear was broken in Wrath/Cata, the amount of people that actually has the pieces was not nearly as widespread as the current system. It took a lot of time and effort and months of raiding before you started seeing Legendary weapons.

Right now it feels like day 1 we already see so many of the new items from Crucible it changed the meta on day 1 of raid release :expressionless: