Flying rep grind miserable for returning players

I came back about a week before they made flying available and worked on it with 1 character. I did some other things but mostly just worked on PF and ended up with a little over 100 hours /played at 120. I’ve seen other people who posted similar numbers.

I guess it comes down to how much you play and how much you enjoy the content. I was miserable. Blizzard more and more seems to be enforcing grinds on core abilities like races and equipment, I think they just decided not to support my style of play moving forward.

3 Likes

Oh boy, you’re such a little rebel! Down with the system! There is no “order” to do anything. If I wanted to, I could have skipped getting flying. I decided that I wanted it, but didn’t want to farm rares all day and didn’t want to spam WQs all day every time new ones came up. Therefore, it took me a few weeks to get it done.

You know what took longer to get rep with? Tortollans… However, I had already organically obtained the rep with them from having played since the start of the expansion.

No, it definitely took me three weeks. I came back from a six month break the second or third week of August and obtained it the second week of September.

I dislike childish entitlement, yes. Does that mean I despise the entire WoW population and human population? No.

That’s quite the extreme jump though, I like it!

2 Likes

Hey genius, if he has to use a ground mount to get to the rares, can be showing up very late after they were spotted. Especially accounting for having to fight through mobs – remember, when you did with w/o flying it was probably a bit similar?

Just letting you know for a friend edgelord

1 Like

Huh, I don’t have flying unlocked on any expansion that had a pathfinder. I guess I’ll just keep running around on my wolfy picking flowers.

It takes so long to kill the rares that there’s plenty of time to work your way over there.

Is there time to finish the quest you’re on, go to town to see the repair vendor, do a pet battle, and then make it in time to tag the rare? No. Nor should there be. Other players shouldn’t have to spend 20 minutes killing something just to make it convenient for somebody else to get there from Ironforge.

I see so many people complain that the wait for Pathfinder 2 is the real issue. I could not disagree more. I don’t care if its locked out for a year, as long as everyone has a level playing field.

The problem like the OP said is competing with people who have flying, and the fact that ground mounts are so much less fun with the current terrain.

I think the whole system is trash. I don’t want to work towards this every single expansion. There are other grinds Blizzard can make that will be more interesting.

Losers telling other people to suck it up are also the problem, and it shows you where their mindset is. They probably don’t enjoy the grind for it either as they are hinting they suffered through it, so should you.

I hope it affects Blizzard’s bottom line, this way they will be forced to change it.

6 Likes

This is silly. Mobs are shared tags for the most and you don’t need rares for rep anyway.

Takes less than a week with the anniversary buff now. People got it in 6 days without any buff originally. I got it in 7 without the buff.

1 Like

Hey, ever when gold was a goal for flight. Remember when they didn’t set you back with timegates for 9 months…

Pathfinder sucks in its current form. It doesn’t need two achievements. Make it one that can be completed at start of expansion. Boom.

Make all starting reps to exalted, explorer, and main quest line completed like a nation United was. Some people will finish in a few weeks, other a few months. You have a wide array of time played metrics and people will be happier.

Two part Pathfinder sucks.

1 Like

It’s here to stay. The only change they might possibly make to it would be to make some kind of alternative currency that you can start grinding for, similar to pearls, that everyone starts with zero of. They will never make it a gold buy again.

Losers? Listen to yourself for a second and you’ll see the irony… WoW is a business model that needs to sustain itself and part of that includes keeping people subscribed for longer.

Poopsocking no-lifers need to be regulated because they can’t control themselves. They will stim with their gogogogogogo mentality for a month or two and then quit for a long time because they burned themselves out. By implementing timegating, they mostly leveled the playing field for all players and it’s a win-win.

2 Likes

Blah blah blah, I bet it will change. If you took a poll right now on the entire playerbase as to whether they found Pathfinding fun, the results would not be in your favor. Blizzard and people like yourself can continue to stick your head in the sand, but eventually this is going to have to change. The sheer volume of complaints about it are a big sign that it is NOT working for the playerbase.

3 Likes

It won’t.

If it was an in game poll, people wouldn’t care that much. If it was a forum poll, where the majority of people are here to complain, then it would be negative. Sample sources are an important thing, but if you want to bias them, then yeah, sample the forums lol. Keep in mind, the vast majority of players are casual and play less than a couple hours per day.

It’s not making people quit, so they don’t care, so long as it keeps people subscribed for another month or two, that’s all that matters. Thousands of whinners on the forums != the majority of millions of players.

It’s like people whinning about taxes, in the end, they end up paying them anyways.

That is the most suscinct description of WoW I’ve seen.

You aren’t listening, so I am going to make it simple for you.

• No one returning to this game at this point is going to find the idea of pathfinder fun.

• Blizzard desperately needs people to return to the game thanks to a low pop currently.

The rest is noise. I would only agree that Blizzard is generally stubborn and it takes a lot for them to change their ways. But money talks. Making idiotic statements like “Its here to stay” has been proven wrong time and time again throughout every mmorpgs history. Anything in this game can change if the financial incentive is there.

5 Likes

I’m a returning player and just did part 1 and 2. Didn’t think it was that big of a deal. I need the rep for essences anyway so what does it matter? I’d rather complain about having to grind the rep on 3 different characters for that purpose then pathfinder.

I agree, I enjoy pathfinder, but not the time gating. I do feel bad for the returning players, the swooping down on flying mounts has to be annoying in rustbolt.

So you completed did everything to complete Pathfinder part 1 and Part 2 in 8 days?

Because I didn’t get flying until 10 months after completing part 1 and it took me about 2 weeks to complete part 2 after it came out.

3 Likes

I think they should make current Pathfinder or say the next one since BfA is done open Pathfinder for older expacs like WoD or Legion if they were missed.

1 Like

we all had to do it.
plus in rust bolt get yourself the piece of flying equipment.