Flying Mount 1 sec of glide in no-flying areas

Seeing as new content thrives where there is no flying, I understand why they omit being able to fly at first in new expansions, or make it really hard to achieve it. Full-on flying is great, but I’d settle for just 1 second of glide that a flying mount could do on double tap, just like Demon Hunters turn on wings with their third tap.
It could be limited to like 10 minute cooldown or something, but I just hate that when I’m running around in SL and stumble off a cliff somewhere, the OBVIOUSLY FLYING MOUNT can’t just unfurl its wings for a brief moment to save itself and me from an agonizing death.
I know, all classes have their own ways of surviving falls, be it disengaging, bubbling, soulstoning, levitating, gliding (DH), heroic leaping, blinking, rolling, or deplying parachute (Engineering), but all of these dismount you from a possibly hybrid mount that could have a light tap of glide to save you from death.
This wouldn’t be useful for any other purpose, it would not give forward momentum to achieve something a Goblin Glider would, nor would it really hurt anything to have such an ability for the mounts that can fly.
Would it?

3 Likes

We should already be flying right now.

Literally no reason not to have flying available right at max level. Literally none.

30 Likes

it is completely ridiculous that a dragon, bird, magic broom, etc cannot slow fall.

8 Likes

Look at you coming up with fresh new ideas

something something jailer flying danger

Yea…still don’t buy it.

Goblin Glider Kits are your best friend.

6 Likes

Anti-flier 4 life

Don’t @ me

1 Like

Use a ground mount.

1 Like

It’s an open forum. I’ll reply to whomever I please. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Personally I think the entire mount system WoW has should be completely revamped. I think it should be more like the GW2 mount system.

Give me mounts that do things. Give me mounts that matter. Make the terrain useable to only certain mounts. (Ie. Using a jumping mount to jump up high mountain ledges. Using a fast mount for flat terrain. Using a gliding mount to get across large distances from high up.)

Mounts in this game really don’t matter much. They’re just fancy speed boosts, and don’t do anything other than that. Flying mounts are just a safe way to AFK.

Take a look at the GW2 mounts and tell me that it’s not a vastly superior system.

2 Likes

You know the safest way to afk? Kill yourself then run back to your body :slight_smile: Then you can be sure nothing will kill you

You know my most used macro?

#showtooltip
/cast [mod:shift] Sky Golem; [mod:ctrl] Traveler’s Tundra Mammoth; Argent Hippogryph

The system you suggest

Would require more mounts on my bars or opening the mount interface, I’d pass on such a system

I think a lot of people are missing the point here.

Yes, Goblin gliders exist, but the OP doesn’t want to have to dismount, use the glider for 1 second of fall time, then re-mount and keep going.

I get it. That’s annoying.

The comment of “Use a ground mount” isn’t helpful either. Yes it gets your mind off of the whole “My winged creature doesn’t use it’s wings” mindset, but that’s not the problem here. The problem is that the winged creature should use their wings… Even if it’s just for a safe fall.

4 Likes

What would 1 second of being able to glide accomplish?

Avoid death

2 Likes

I mean… You’re not wrong. lol.

They could easily implement a system tray for it like they used to have for Shaman totem when they allowed you to drop 4 simultaniously. It would just be a small bar with the mount icons on them that would summon them.

They could either do away with all the mounts we have and make new ones… Only have to make 5-6.

Or, re-vamp every mount in the game to fit into a particular class of mount.

That way you could assign any mount skin of your choosing for that particular class of mount to the hotbar.

Ie. All tigers, horses, raptors, motorcycles Ect… would be the fast mounts.

All dragonhawns, bats, carpets Ect… would be the “hover over bad stuff and not get hurt” mounts.

Read the post instead of just the title.

1 Like

Do I have to? I hate reading.

I like pathfinder achiev. I hope we get our first part soon!

I’m particularly interested in needing an entire hotbar full of mounts, so I’ll pass on that idea, thanks.